Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am 
Walleye

The fall fishing is in full swing right now and the big ones know it! With the water temps in the high 50's and low 60's I have been catching big largemouths throwing baits close to, and or Parallel to rocky banks and rock piles, if there is weeds still, even better. The bite is best as the day goes on and heats up the rocks. I am catching some on moving baits but the biggest have been caught on jigs with rage craws as a trailer, fished on braided line. The majority of the fish are between 18 and mid 19 inches with 2 over 20 inches. I am fishing really slow, using the spot lock on my trolling motor to stay put. The weather man looks like he has plans for a windy week so the boat might be tied up until the wind lies down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 am 
Walleye Angler

thanks for posting

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Great report. thanks for sharing

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm 
Walleye

any update on water temps in that area. how cold do you find the largemouth still bite in? I cant seem to find a bite if its much less than 50 F. anyone with any experience catching and or locating bass below 50 F.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 am 
Walleye

Hello Joey, after a week of cold insane winds the bay finally layed down yesterday, so I pushed the boat out from the dock and off I went. The water temp was 48.8 and because of the lack of sun never changed. I knew that it was going to be a tough day but any day fishing , well u know, I did manage 3 pike but no bass. I am hoping things improve this week as the weather doesn't look too bad. This pattern really works best on sunny days so the sun can heat up the shallows, even a degree or two makes a huge difference. I usually fish the northern shores because they get the most sun. I have had great late fall days fishing shallow for largemouths and remember a particular November 30th catching the hell out of them on buzzbaits. The most important thing about your retrieve is to reel as slow as possible. If you think your reeling too slow, slow down!

banner ad
banner ad