Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Cancelled “Soldier On” Eastern Ontario Fishing Event 2019
Morning everyone, I have just received the authorization from Soldier On to go-ahead and set up another fishing event for July 6th and 7th. This year it will be held on a weekend so it will be open to more volunteers. Last year we had 9 Veterans out with 9 volunteer members from the board. The event went over great , we fished from aprox 8 am till about 130 for the day as the heat was staggering and the Vets were getting abit heated. At the end of the second day Gord McGregor of Gord & Kim's Nofrills in Kingston hauled his BBQ down and had a great meal cooked for us , again thank you Gord and Kim.

This year’s outing should run the same as last year where the volunteer supplies all the gear including lifejackets. Like last year the plan is to get the vets in a 1-1 ratio on the boats. We were lucky enough to have a few bass boats involved and made sure to get those who wanted to bass fish out on them and enjoy the day. Most of the Vets didn’t care what species they went after so it was easy for the boat owners to launch and head to their favourite spots for walleye or bass, mind you there were a lot of fresh water drum that were caught and they had fun putting them into the net as well.

So what I’m hoping for is about 12-14 boats with all the gear needed for 1 extra angler, boats must have all safety equipment and driver has the safe boating card. I will be going to the city to see if they will pay for parking otherwise I will eat it. Meals were supplied last year to all but I cannot confirm this is the case this year; the vets will have their meals supplied for sure. Bring along a cooler for ice and drinks as well as a place to store lunch aboard. Last year we stopped for lunch back at the dock and then went out again for abit. If you are interested in helping out for this 2 day event please email me your particulars, IE: email addy, phone number, Size of boat, can you take 2 vets if needed. I will keep the thread updated as we go. We will be launching in Belleville as it is convenient and most boat owners are from the area and know the water. I already have a few boats from the Kingston area as well. If you are a vet and would like to attend, register with Soldier On and when the event is advertised on their site you just have to apply
My email address is tylercurt@hotmail.com
Again thanks to everyone that helped last year as it was a scramble at the end and without you guys it never would have happened.
Tim (tylercurt)

Last edited by Tylercurt on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Hey Tim give me a shout when it gets closer and I will sticky this post to the top. Just an FYI the Quinte fishing series has a tournament on the 7th out of the George St launch so you should plan to use the herchmer st launch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:02 am 
Walleye

Tim
Count me in
E-mail sent
Bruce

banner ad