Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:20 pm 
Minnow

This is a late thank you - but I need to say it to someone (hopefully on this board) - or maybe my thanks can be passed on if you know the person.

On the last day of fishing and while checking my phone, I discovered that I had lost my fishing license and outdoors card out of the same pocket. After quite a search and a bit of time going over my tracks to find my black wallet on the snow - it was to no avail. With no license I packed up and headed home, marking it down as another 'last day failure' and 'why me' experience. The loss of the license became a sermon illustration on Sunday morning when the power-point to my sermon also failed (welcome to my world).

I'm thinking it was on Monday night (maybe Tuesday) when my daughter started talking about my fishing license. Coming from the kitchen I looked at her like she was weird, only to see that she had it in her hand. Someone had picked it up, found my address and delivered it to my home!

I learned from High Falls (where I bought my license) that I could print another online - but I also had lost my boating license at the same time, and was wondering about the process that I would have to go thru to get another. Anyways ... whoever you are - all I can say is a sincere thank-you! You made my day! I'm sorry I missed you at the door!

Hopefully I can do the same for another person another day.

The Rev.

Post subject: Re: Thank you
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm 
Jumbo Perch

That’s a great story helps restore some faith in society

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Every once in a while a story like yours shows up here and it does show that there are lots of good folks around. Unless it was Rick yanking your chain lol.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:26 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I found a wallet at the Costco in Oshawa last year by one of the cart return areas.

I opened it once I got in my truck, not to check for money but to see if I could find the owners phone number or some sort of identity.

I reversed addressed to see if I could find a phone number.... nothing.

Then, I drove out to Bowmanville to the address from the licence and personally delivered the wallet as I know... in that predicament I would be a mess if I lost mine and all the stuff you need to cancel/replace.

The guy was very thankful, we shook hands and I said I had hoped someone would do it for me.

There was no money in the wallet when I found it.... but that means someone could have picked it up before me took the cash and discarded the wallet. Was hoping the guy didn't think it was I who took the cash....

But if it were me... I would just be so happy to get everything inside my wallet back, you can have the cash. lol

There are still good people out there!!

I guess a good point here.... Put your phone number in your wallet !!

banner ad
banner ad