Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to this board
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:41 am 
Guppy

Hi... am new to this board and looking for some general info from some of the residence. We will be renting a cottage on the BOQ come the first week of July. I have looked at the Navionics charts and have got info on the walleye fishery but was wondering if this end of the Lake there is some Salmon out in the main lake O? I have a 24 ft and use to big water as my home port is Port Burwell on Lake Erie.

Just wondering if Salmon is on the main lake and where should I start... not looking for honey holes, just looking for land marks to have some fun going after Salmon on Lake O.

I know this is a bit off but starting to get the itch to fish.

Post subject: Re: New to this board
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:26 am 
Walleye Angler

Where on the Bay are you renting? Likely come that time of the year, you will need to find the bigger water for the salmon. You would likely need to east towards the upper gap to start your search. The area of the gap, unless I am mistaken have been fished for salmon and lakers, and people will venture further out as well. The areas around the false duck and main duck islands and the area in between there and Long Point is also a known area for fishing. If you look through the threads on this board you should be able to find your answers.

Good luck.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:15 pm 
Guppy

We are renting across from Picton Harbor on the adolphos side.

thanks for starting points... will keep my eyes open on this board.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:53 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yes,there is a salmon fishery in eastern Lake O...….some activity out of Cobourg and Port Hope,Brighton,Wellington as well...………….big lake O tournament, this site gives ramps, weigh stations ect +++

http://greatontariosalmonderby.ca/
http://closa.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:17 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hi and welcome to the form.

I can't help you with salmon but I might be able to offer a little help with east end walleye. Send me an email if I can help.

Take care.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 pm 
Walleye Master

There is very good salmon fishing at this end of the lake. Although there is some salmon around the ducks and the eastern basin to my knowledge they are a little more nomadic then the schools of salmon out of Wellington. To run around to Wellington on the water is a long haul, your better off to trailer to Wellington and launch there. Head south west out of Wellington for scotch bonnet (look for Nicholson island on a map then you’ll see a small island called scotch bonnet off the southern tip of Nicholson). There are lots of shoals around the bonnet but often the fish are schooled right off the bonnet and you’ll easily see where guys are fishing. Hope to see you out there.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:26 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Welcome:

You've come to the Right Place, Bud.

Kinda surprised you aren't aware of the Salmon Fishery here, but spending a couple nights reading Posts from the Guys 'n Gals here should bring you pretty much up to speed.

Also Google some of the more popular spots like "Scotch Bonnet Salmon", or similar for a treasure hoard of related info. Something to remember: the Big Fish Run is fairly Seasonal, as they chase the Baitfish counterclockwise around The Big O.

Regardless, we suspect you're gonna LOVE it here. Best of Luck with your Outings.

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 am 
Guppy

Thanks for the info... Can't wait to try this end of the world out. Been fishing mostly in Lake Erie and northern lakes. BOQ area has been on my bucket list for a while now and finally got some friends that want to go for the adventure...

Hope to see you all out on the water. Tight lines all.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 pm 
Walleye Master

Don’t judge Quinte by the walleye fishing in the first of July. I’m sure you’ll get some fish but the first week of July is far from prime time for walleye. Salmon on the other hand are just about at their peak in the first week of July.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

You'll definitely need to trailer your boat to Wellington or Wicklow. Check out Spoonpullers for more salmon info.
If you're looking for a fishing partner with some experience pm me.

Bob

banner ad