banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Walleye Weekend Report
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I realize that I am a tad tardy with a report, but things have been hectic around here.

I brought my Grandsons down on Friday from TO and got to Hay Bay around 1700 and got things ready for the morning. Son Dave arr'd at 2130 and we were set to go.

Before we left the dock.

Out Saturday AM around 0800 and fishing at 0830, trolled crank baits as the water was 48 Degs F, after our first trolling pass, we were headed north and Dave thought the inner was strange, FISH ON. Our Junior angler had dibs on the rod and after the planer board came off, he was able to reel the fish in. Oh Darn a northern pike, best we weigh it for the tournament, over 3.5 lbs, so it went into the live well for a trip to Perfect Vue. Fish was caught on a Smithwick Rogue

Weighing in the fish, it tipped the scale at 3.81 lbs, that was good for a spot on the board, but by the time we got fishing, the updated board had dropped him off the board by .02 lbs DRATS!!!!

The water temp was going up very slowly and in some places was just over 50 Degs F, so we put out worm harness lures. We continued fishing until 1400 with no success. Back to the camp for the Horse Race and bevvies.....

Sunday AM after a review of the leader boards, we decided that a fish or two for the table might be apt and decided to head up Hay Bay to the flats.

After the fog lifted we headed out and began trolling at McCabe's Bay along the shoreline around Hoff's Island and across towards the launch ramp, trolling 8 or 8.5 feet, we had the Uzick spinners out and then Grandad yells " FIsh ON!!" Action stations, lines in, net ready and this is a good one, Superdave slipped the net under the fish and we weren't skunked. A real nice 23 incher for Les Boys and family.

We trolled until 1230 and called it quits and headed for the BBQ at Camp.

Weekend total, 1 Walleye, three pike and some perch.

Water Temp at the flats was 54 degs F.

All in all a good weekend, fishing for us was quiet, but there were others who found the Honey Hole and with their gang landed over 24 walleyes, as large as 6 & 7 lbs.

Another friend on the Board who was there for the weekend send me a picture of one he got a real nice 10.11lber. What a Beauty.

Laker John and friend's landed some nice fish also, several over 6 lbs.

Some people did well and others didn't - that's fishing.

Stay Tuned

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:58 pm 
Walleye

Awesome job. Nice fish. Always look forward to your reports. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:55 pm 
Walleye

Great report as always David. Fish,or no fish,its always a great outing if you can spend time on the water with your family.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 am 
Guppy

Thanks for the reports Dave. Although I don't reply to much on this forum I read everyone's posts daily. It has provided me great insight to the fishing up there. We are soon heading north from Pennsylvania for our annual trip to Hay Bay. Always a great time and a much anticipated trip for me. I have been coming up there now 16 years and there are members of our gang who have been coming to Hay Bay for over 30 years. Hopefully we will have another successful trip, have a few "barley pops" and a few fish to fry up.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:01 pm 
Walleye Fry

Thank you for the report.... awesome to see the kids out with their Grandfather...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:31 pm 
Walleye

You had me worried David, but you came through with a great report, as usual. I’ll be needing a restocking of Uzick’s, will be in touch soon.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:15 pm 
Walleye Fry

Looks like a great trip out with the kids!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm 
Walleye

I always enjoy reading your report. Nothing like a weekend out on the water with the family. That's a nice looking spring walleye you caught there.

Thanks for the report!

Kevin

banner ad
banner ad