Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 pm 
Walleye

Finally got the kicker set up on my boat and everything ready to go, hoping to make my maiden voyage to the bonnet tomorrow. Just curious what the best port to run out of? I was thinking Wellington but not sure what the conditions are like with the high water. Looking to get the kids into some Lakers, any help would be appreciated. Also open to suggestions on other fishing locations that may produce. Thanks everyone in advance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:19 pm 
Walleye Master

To the bonnet, it's about 13 km out of Wellington and a bit more out from Brighton.
The bonnet is certainly not the PMonly place to catch them though. Closer places I've also caught lakers are salmon point.
There are shoals just out from presquile and I've also caught them out of wicklow.
Not to forget about finkles and that area either. These areas are all closer than the bonnet and produce lakers.
Im not familiar with areas further west, but I've seen lots of pictures from out that way. Be interesting to hear about these areas as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:03 am 
Walleye

Thanks for the help. Got out this morning for 3 hours. Went 4 for 5. The smiles said it all.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

Launch out of wellers bay camp ground it’s the shortest run and u can fish netty patch and Brighton bay. Wicklow u can start fishing within mile of shore this early in the year. And into June maybe 2-3 miles. This season I will be doing live posts and tips using Instagram Follow me #adamm_fish_on willing to share info get everyone on fish soon. Makes for a greater day !! Lol. Wellers bay camp ground has tons of lake tackle cheapest prices around. Largest spoon collection it seams and 2-3$ a spoon cheaper. Worth an afternoon drive they have ice cream for the kids.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

apmikel wrote:
Launch out of wellers bay camp ground it’s the shortest run and u can fish netty patch and Brighton bay. Wicklow u can start fishing within mile of shore this early in the year. And into June maybe 2-3 miles. This season I will be doing live posts and tips using Instagram Follow me #adamm_fish_on willing to share info get everyone on fish soon. Makes for a greater day !! Lol. Wellers bay camp ground has tons of lake tackle cheapest prices around. Largest spoon collection it seams and 2-3$ a spoon cheaper. Worth an afternoon drive they have ice cream for the kids.
How much to launch from Weller's bay?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

banner ad