Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:31 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Catch and release is not what you are doing by keeping your fish and returning to the launch. Now at the launch, you decide that you do not want this fish. Now it is dead so just throw it back in the water. If this is yours you are on the wrong BB you need to go to http://www.Iamanass.com

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Walleye

lots of people kill pike randomly 'because they eat the good fish'.

lame in deed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 am 
Guppy

Unchained wrote:

lame in deed.

Come to Crowe lake in Marmora. It's encouraged and they hold 2 catch and kill derbies to "try to eradicate the pike". Tell someone your pike fishing and they ask "did you kill it, your supposed to". Love seeing the looks I get when I say "no i put it back". CLWA can F off with their brain dead philosophy of thinking that's how to get the walleye back. Blame everything on the pike yet so many other factors in the equation. CLWA among other have blockers on when other reasons are brought forth.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

That would be hard watching someone take a dead game fish from their livewell and discard it. Did anyone talk to them?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:51 am 
Walleye Angler

Gotta ask here, did someone actually see the individual tossing back a dead pike? Just wondering if it could be natural causes?

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 am 
Walleye

Swiftdeer wrote:
Gotta ask here, did someone actually see the individual tossing back a dead pike? Just wondering if it could be natural causes?

I am also curious about this. Might be a mild over reaction . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

People swimming at the launch were saying the fish was not there until two boats came in together.

Swimmers were there when I launched an hour earlier no fish onshore, 4 vehicles at the launch with trailers. I came in about 10 minutes after them since I could see them loading, I was fishing in view of the launch.
With that, I will say that no-one said that they saw them put the fish in the water.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:28 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Chris13 wrote:
Unchained wrote:

lame in deed.

Come to Crowe lake in Marmora. It's encouraged and they hold 2 catch and kill derbies to "try to eradicate the pike". Tell someone your pike fishing and they ask "did you kill it, your supposed to". Love seeing the looks I get when I say "no i put it back". CLWA can F off with their brain dead philosophy of thinking that's how to get the walleye back. Blame everything on the pike yet so many other factors in the equation. CLWA among other have blockers on when other reasons are brought forth.

This I know Chris since this was Crowe Bay just below Crowe Lake where the Crowe River joins the Trent. Some people there have the same thought pattern that Musky and Pike are killing all the bass and Walleye. Some of the people in that area will ask you to kill your caught fish instead of returning it to the water.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 am 
Walleye Angler

Unfortunately pike have a bad rep.
If people only knew how easy it is to clean the fillets and how tasty they are when prepared with care they may take them home and leave Mr walleye for another day.
The best bass or walleye waters that I know of have a good population of pike and a diverse array of vegetation to act as a nursery.
To me pike are like the wolves, ensuring that the fit and healthy survive to create the best gene pool for the next generation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 am 
Walleye Angler

Pike to me taste better than walleye same flavour just more taste to them.. personally id rather catch pike compared to the walters just a better fight. Alot of people dont like them cause there boney,. I know a few guys up north who clean pike quick with no bones,. just takes practice. Myself I release 90 % of what I catch including walleye.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:40 am 
Walleye

just came back from Saskatchewan on a northern fishing trip, and we ate Lake Trout and Pike for shore lunch pretty much every day. Pike was BY FAR my preferred choice. Fantastic.

Maybe it's different out there. I just know that I loved it and would pick it over the laker or our walleye every time. Pike in Ontario in hot lakes may not be the same but where the water temp maxes out at 60-65 out there, it was great.