Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: total noob to Quinte
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:07 pm 
Goby

Hi to all.
Next Saturday we are coming to Quinte for a family vacation for a week. I have a 16 foot aluminum with 25 horse motor. We are renting at Green Point.
Not looking for honey holes or anything like that at all just some general information. I understand there is a launch at Ferry St. Is there/ what is the charge for the ramp? Being at Green point I see I have a few choices for fishing, Hay Bay, Long Reach and the west Channel towards Big Bay. What should we concentrate on?
I don't have riggers but I do have a couple of dippsy divers and a lot of big lip lures. I have read on here about this mythical lure that legend says is amazing,
a "Uzick Spinner"??!!!! if that's the go to lure. where would I be able to find 2-3 of these. I will have my son who is 33 and who is only now getting interested in fishing and my son in law who hardly ever fishes with me so I'd really like to look good and put them on some real fish. Oh, BTW we are looking for Eyes. I have gone north many times and feasted on them up there. Time to smile as the family hooks them up.
Thanks in advance for any info that I may get.
Brian

Post subject: Re: total noob to Quinte
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

Staying at green point you havent gotta go far ,, basiclly u can troll the shore along green point heading west ,anywhere between 8-14 ft of water, use spinners meps #3 green or red , earie dearies work as well .. also if u have no luck trolling try jigging the weeds with black n green bucktail hair jigs . im usually fishing that area quit a bit ill be in a ranger camo john boat with a 90 merc i'll keep an eye out for yous good luck

Post subject: Re: total noob to Quinte
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm 
Goby

jkd24 wrote:
Staying at green point you havent gotta go far ,, basiclly u can troll the shore along green point heading west ,anywhere between 8-14 ft of water, use spinners meps #3 green or red , earie dearies work as well .. also if u have no luck trolling try jigging the weeds with black n green bucktail hair jigs . im usually fishing that area quit a bit ill be in a ranger camo john boat with a 90 merc i'll keep an eye out for yous good luck

thank you jkd24. thats great info.
we'll be in the red and silver Naden. I will keep an eye out for you.
Brian

banner ad