Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

First time fishing the lake in over 30 years, was a little on the sceptical side about it with all of the negative fishing comments by known and unknown fishing people to me.
Fished it for 4.5 hours this afternoon and did okay to well. 4 Bass in the 1.5 -2-pound range, one pike 4.5 to 5 pound and a Bass worth a picture 21 inches.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:30 pm 
Walleye Fry

I have not fished it in about 30 years as well! That is a beautiful Smallie! Great to hear that it is still producing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:22 am 
Walleye

Fished it from a kayak 2 years ago before bass opener. We caught a dozen pike and had a good day. Also saw 3 bald eagles. Beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:29 pm 
Goby

We've been fishing it a lot more this year, The walleye population is up.. catch them everytime we get in the boat...great Pike fishing too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 pm 
Walleye

I have lived on or near Crowe for about 9 years and love this lake. If you learn how to fish it you can have a blast. There are giant smallies out there.
Had some friends down from the city and they wanted to do a small tourney style morning with the loser buying lunch. They said they wanted to beat me on my own lake. It didnt go so well for them. Only fished a couple hours but have a look at the pic and tell me what you think. Biggest was over 5 smallest over 4.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well, I have been there a few times this year now and the fishing has not been disappointing.
So let's see, numerous bass a few pike and 3 musky, only one musky in the lake itself and the other 2 in the upper and lower river area.
Will be going back a few more times in the near future to do some fly fishing for musky, likely concentrating on the river portion as well as Beaver Creek.

Nice fish by the way wrighty52, who bought lunch?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:14 am 
Walleye

Lol. Not us

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:20 pm 
Walleye

wrighty52 wrote:
I have lived on or near Crowe for about 9 years and love this lake. If you learn how to fish it you can have a blast. There are giant smallies out there.
Had some friends down from the city and they wanted to do a small tourney style morning with the loser buying lunch. They said they wanted to beat me on my own lake. It didnt go so well for them. Only fished a couple hours but have a look at the pic and tell me what you think. Biggest was over 5 smallest over 4.

any recommendation for launching a 20 foot fiberglass boat? Not sure if the launch at the west end is decent enough, I was in a kayak last time which draws basically nothing.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:13 pm 
Walleye

Might as well call it dead lake now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Unchained wrote:
wrighty52 wrote:

any recommendation for launching a 20 foot fiberglass boat? Not sure if the launch at the west end is decent enough, I was in a kayak last time which draws basically nothing.

thanks

The east ramp should do well for you, it is right on the edge of the Village of Marmora. If you are not familiar with it, good parking, floating dock and deep enough unless you are putting in a sailboat with a keel. The only drawback is it is 10 mins. from the ramp to the main lake entry. Enters the lake between the point and the sandbar on the east side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:44 am 
Walleye Wisdom

purpleghost wrote:
Might as well call it dead lake now

Sorry, you feel this way although I do think that the lake will survive. After all, I went there to fish an already dead lake.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm 
Walleye

Just an FYI I took a vacation day on Monday to go back out on Crowe seeing as the weather was so nice. Lake does still not appear to be dead, but of course that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Be nice to c smallies that size in quinte.., trust me im looking. Biggest ive got out of the narrows was 18". And that was 3 years or more ago.

banner ad