Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:25 am 
Walleye

Just wondering if anyone has been salmon fishing these areas at all and how they are doing. I have been to Wicklow the last 2 days and it’s been slow. Just 3 fish out of 2 days. Looking for somewhere to try on Saturday. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:13 am 
Walleye

I am facing the same debate! My buddy is currently out from Coburg. He got one nice one yesterday afternoon, no reports yet for today; I will check in with him later today and post back.

I am thinking of heading out to Salmon Point Sunday or Monday... or might do Wicklow. Maybe you can help me, is the Wellington Beach boat launch open?

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:49 am 
Walleye

mblaney wrote:
I am facing the same debate! My buddy is currently out from Coburg. He got one nice one yesterday afternoon, no reports yet for today; I will check in with him later today and post back.

I am thinking of heading out to Salmon Point Sunday or Monday... or might do Wicklow. Maybe you can help me, is the Wellington Beach boat launch open?

I’m pretty sure it is open I’m not 100%sure though as I haven’t been there this year. It’s 20$ I believe to launch as well. I was thinking on heading to cobourg possibly on Saturday but I’m sick of that 401. I would rather go to Wellington if I knew if the fishing was decent.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 am 
Walleye Catcher

beach launch is open. i have been launching there for the last month or so. Your good to go. Parking and/or traffic on that launch is horrible though. Wish there was a better launch out there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:08 pm 
Walleye

Last Friday I launched in Brighton next to the whistling duck restaurant. 10 dollars and excellent ramp. Very calm, ran to Netty Patch, only fished until noon, caught one real nice salmon, didn’t mark a lot of bait but individual fish. Takes no time to run out to fishable water if you pick your days. Lots of water out there and we only saw two other boats. Only hazard is the goose crap on the dock!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 am 
Walleye

I fished out of Wellington yesterday. We went West but fished South of the Bonnet a ways.

We boated 10 fish, lost a few, and had some missed hits. Pulled lines around 11 to hopefully beat the $h!+ show with the beach goers.

On the way back in, approx 2km south of Mcfaul got a GIANT Rainbow(sprinkle donut)

It was kept and was released in the pool.Image

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:53 am 
Walleye

looks yummy....

Must have fallen from the OPP boat... :lol:

My apologies to any of the Law enforcement folks on here, but I couldn't resist....

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm 
Walleye

Lol that's a great reply.

A friend answered in text saying. " That's great that the rainbow sprinkle have moved in ... hopefully the Boston cream show up soon"

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:32 pm 
Walleye

Holiday Monday report.

Ended up doing some circles around the N side of Mushroom . Had intentions of a west troll to the Elbow but a few hits and an active screen changed things up.

We landed 3 shakers, 3 in the high teens low 20s, and a nice bow.

Had a break off. A few missed hits, one dipsy hit peeled for 10 15 seconds and was gone just like that.

I am running all Drs or Paddles with flies. No spoons, no meat. 2x rigger 4x wire diver. Obviously 3 aboard.

Water was still in the 50s down to 75-80.

Pulled lines at 10

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 am 
Guppy

Hi, I was just wondering what is the Mushroom and the Elbow.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:21 pm 
Walleye

South of the Scotch Bonnet there are a bunch of shoals and structure. The shoals have formal names on charts. Fishermen well before my time gave the other structure s nick names based on shape.

Bog bone, haystack, mushroom, pin, wall, elbow are some I can think off.

Long and short of it... fish the edges of the structure. There will be salmon somewhere around them in July. You just need to target the right depths, with the right lures, in the right colours, watching your speed with all the currents out there lol. If you get a bite repeat set up.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:24 pm 
Walleye Catcher

That area - remember we're talking at least ten years back in our case - is so full of 'Promising Holes' it is a freak'n GOLDMINE.

One outing, when time was available to goof around, we decided to simply troll out to The Bonnet instead of making the twenty minute run, and joining 'The Crowd'. Net result: a decent Laker, two Shakers, and a couple of 'Bows in the ten pound range. All without draining half a tank of fuel.

Perhaps worth remembering; coming out from Brighton, and/or in a small Tinny under worrisome Wind conditions.

Keep in mind, things may have changed since those Days.

Rgds, Wordpecker.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 pm 
Guppy

That's what I thought, it sounded like nicknames of structures. Thanks.

banner ad
banner ad