banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tough day on the lake
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Saturday launched out of waupoos. Fairly nice day and wind not too bad. If only the fish were biting. There were 4 boats out and only one got a fish over 5 lbs. we had about a dozen in our boat and almost all were 2 lbs or less. Water was still stained green and the surface temp was 56. Not sure if its lake turnover or not that is causing the stained green.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:45 am 
Guppy

Nice we went out Sunday on Hay Bay started off a little cold then the sun came out and a beauty day. Found some deeper water 16-24 feet trolled up and down bouncing off the bottom and all we caught was a sunken boat rope covered with zebra mussels. Have seen any sign of Pickerel yet in the area

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:07 am 
Walleye Wisdom

We were out Saturday and Sunday and went from Cold Bath Shoal near Treasure Island Marina to Bath looking for smallies.

Made lots of stops along the way, marked very few fish and what we did, were not in the biting mood.

Did end up with a few but only 1 - > 5lbs that my partner caught and a huge channel cat.

Boats now cleaned and cleared out and waiting to be packed for Fall walleye and pike.

Although this smallie isn't big, when the fishing is this tough, you're thankful for anything but wanted to show the hoodie more than anything and add a promotional thing...

I picked up this hoodie from Darren Young who created a program to teach and get kids out fishing called The Next Cast Youth Fishing Program. It's a very worthwhile local group and funds from these go back into the program.

It was -1 when we launched and only had a t-shirt and thin thermal shirt under and wow, did it keep me warm. They're water and wind resistant and couldn't be more happy helping out for the cause and the quality of these hoodies are amazing!

Please check out the program and for more on this and for the hoodies...

http://tncyouthfishingprogram.weebly.com/tnc-store.html

Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad