Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fall Fishing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:15 pm 
Walleye

I been out twice on the bay in the last few weeks. Some Quality fish caught, but no big numbers yet. Hoping to get a few more weather windows before it gets too cold out. BOQ is my first choice on days off, but if too windy I've been trying my luck at splake on a smaller body of water with limited success. First trip I caught a big pike on small trout gear and second trip only one smaller splake. Splake are like the musky of trout for me, 10000 casts to get one. If anyone has any tips on splake fishing this time of the year, I could use some help.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Fall Fishing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:36 am 
Minnow

I only get small ones trolling at this time of year. Big splake are cruising shorelines. 15 FOW or less Cleo's, small raps and Mepp's work well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 am 
Walleye

fishingfreak wrote:
I only get small ones trolling at this time of year. Big splake are cruising shorelines. 15 FOW or less Cleo's, small raps and Mepp's work well.

Thanks. That's what I've been using. I guess I just need some luck. My only fish came off a lake clear spoon with an 18in leader and a olive green wooly bugger.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 am 
Minnow

Stop bragging

Great season!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 am 
Walleye

that pike is so fat it's hilarious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:04 am 
Walleye

Unchained wrote:

Probably why my splake lake not working out. That pikes belly is full of stocked fingerlings :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 pm 
Walleye

600+ views 3 comments. Totally why fishing forums are dying. Everyone looking for free information, but nobody wants to share. Facebook wins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:59 pm 
Walleye

randaller wrote:
Stop bragging

Dude that's the last 2 weeks. And not a great 2 weeks of fishing at that. If I was bragging I'd show my seasons best, or tournament placements.

Great season!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:51 am 
Minnow

Spyman wrote:
Unchained wrote:

Probably why my splake lake not working out. That pikes belly is full of stocked fingerlings :D

I was going to say my suggestion Re:Splake would be to find a new lake. I fish splake a lot and when scouting for new lakes - if it has bass - I basically discount it. Pike? Double discount lol. Splake will hit anything they can fit in their mouths but if you want to find out about a lake quickly, paddle to the best looking point on the lake and hang a big minnow under a float at this time of year. Splake lakes don't need to be big to be productive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 am 
Walleye

The title of your post is FALL FISHING. You are looking for info on SPLAKE FISHING. Maybe you have so many views but little feedback due to the misleading title. I, myself, clicked in this post to read and enjoy some fall fishing stories, info, or insight. Fishing forums aren’t dying, as you stated. This forum is very active, especially in the warmer months when more people can get out on the water. I happen to work a full time job and don’t have this forum on the top of my daily “to do” list. We all have lives to live and can log on to this forum when our free time is available. Keep posting and sharing your stories and information and eventually you’ll get the feedback you’re looking for. A suggestion for next time: make your topic title more specific to the information that you’re sharing or seeking. It’ll reduce confusion and people won’t be trying to get “free” information on SPLAKE. A majority of the people on this site are here for the walleye info, not SPLAKE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:13 am 
Walleye

Chuck Enwinde wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Unchained wrote:

I was going to say my suggestion Re:Splake would be to find a new lake. I fish splake a lot and when scouting for new lakes - if it has bass - I basically discount it. Pike? Double discount lol. Splake will hit anything they can fit in their mouths but if you want to find out about a lake quickly, paddle to the best looking point on the lake and hang a big minnow under a float at this time of year. Splake lakes don't need to be big to be productive.

I did catch a small bass in this lake as well, so your probably right. It is a heavily stocked lake, but maybe not many survive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:21 am 
Walleye

Walleyeslayer2015 wrote:
The title of your post is FALL FISHING. You are looking for info on SPLAKE FISHING. Maybe you have so many views but little feedback due to the misleading title. I, myself, clicked in this post to read and enjoy some fall fishing stories, info, or insight. Fishing forums aren’t dying, as you stated. This forum is very active, especially in the warmer months when more people can get out on the water. I happen to work a full time job and don’t have this forum on the top of my daily “to do” list. We all have lives to live and can log on to this forum when our free time is available. Keep posting and sharing your stories and information and eventually you’ll get the feedback you’re looking for. A suggestion for next time: make your topic title more specific to the information that you’re sharing or seeking. It’ll reduce confusion and people won’t be trying to get “free” information on SPLAKE. A majority of the people on this site are here for the walleye info, not SPLAKE.

Fair enough. I did post some nice quinte walleye caught in the last 2 weeks :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:48 am 
Perch

Nice post Spyman, some really nice fish there. That Sheepshead must have pulled the kayak around Lol. Nothing wrong with a little side note about splake. Hopefully the rest of your season works out for you.cheers!