Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Loughborough lake
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:05 am 
Baitfish

That's

Last edited by Darthwalter on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:14 am 
Baitfish

That's kewl I'll contact MNRF office for advice who knows maybe the road and flood allowances might allow me to just walk across a small patch of land ;)

And ask him this section of the law about public land act
Public R.S.O 1990, c. P.43
Under section
PART I MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES

3 Where 25 per cent or more of the frontage of lands fronting on a body of water are public lands, lands comprising at least 25 per cent of the frontage and to such depth as the Minister considers appropriate shall be set apart for recreational and access purposes and, where less than 25 per cent of the frontage of lands fronting on a body of water are public lands, all public lands fronting thereon and to such depth as the Minister considers appropriate shall be set apart for such purposes. R.S.O. 1990, c. P.43, s. 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:25 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Planning on a trip to Lobo later this week, too much inconsistency in the phone conversation with the proposed owner(Kevin) and the pm from Northerner10. I was also informed by a local to the area that they were in contact with the Municipality and was told that the ramp is public and just not maintained. That said Kevin or Brad I will gladly accept the offer to see the deed and survey that was mentioned in the phone conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:36 pm 
Baitfish

Fry Flier wrote:
Planning on a trip to Lobo later this week, too much inconsistency in the phone conversation with the proposed owner(Kevin) and the pm from Northerner10. I was also informed by a local to the area that they were in contact with the Municipality and was told that the ramp is public and just not maintained. That said Kevin or Brad I will gladly accept the offer to see the deed and survey that was mentioned in the phone conversation.

That's because of this law
public land act
Public R.S.O 1990, c. P.43
Under section
PART I MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:23 am 
Walleye Angler

Shoot if I owned that ramp I would close it off too. Have the entire spot to myself

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:42 am 
Goby

Has anyone contacted the municipality specific to this boat ramp? I’ve been using this ramp for 20 years. For some years it was washed out however over the last few years it was repair and new asphalt was applied. I wouldn’t think a private owner would spend the coin on asphalt for his private ramp and not try to recoup some costs by means of a self serve money drop box or something.

Is there concussion around this boat ramp and another piece of property just east down the road where some guys are crossing to access the lake?

Now in saying this the link to Frontenac boat launches make no mention of this ramp as a maintained or non maintained ramp or access point.

https://www.southfrontenac.net/en/thing ... mid_=19545

Still in the air so I think I’ll contact the township sometime soon.

Please enlighten us if you have anything solid to offer

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 am 
Goby

Confusion... I may have a concussion!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:24 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Yes I have talked with the CRCA and they informed me that it is a public launch.
Go to page 4 of the attached report and you will see the public launch

*****Please see the comment below

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Fry Flier on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:38 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Last edited by Fry Flier on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:38 pm 
Baitfish

How's the ice holding up at loughboro?

Anyone been out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:11 am 
Walleye Wisdom

well, 2 things here.....
1) Northener10, I apologize to you for any grief that may have come your way over this issue, I received a call from the party that you thought you were posting for on their and our best interest.

2) Loughborough Launch info from CRCA might be incorrect, City of Kingston and or the Registry office is likely where the answer is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:47 am 
Walleye Angler

From June 19, 2004 Council meeting

CITY OF KINGSTON REPORT TO COUNCIL I Report No.: 04-246 I TO: FROM: PREPARED BY: Bert Meunier, Chief Administrative Officer Lance Thurston, Commissioner, Department of Community Services Ann Pappert, Manager, Cultural Services Division Kristine Hebert, Parks & Open Space Planning Coordinator DATE OF MEETING: 2004-06-22 SUBJECT: Donation to City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL: WHEREAS there is an existing privately owned boat ramp at the south end of Loughborough Lake which allows for trailer launched motorized boats into Loughborough Lake; AND WHEREAS the owner of the property, Mr. Francis Bell, wishes to donate the 50 foot by 30 foot waterfront parcel to the municipality in exchange for a charitable tax receipt; AND WHEREAS Cultural Services staff are of the opinion that the acquisition of this access point to Loughborough Lake is in the interest of the municipality, it being the only potential public access on the lake within the municipality; AND WHEREAS Cultural Services has consulted with technical staff, and site constraints promote the conversion of the existing motorized boat launch to a small craft access point, restricting access to walk-in craft without trailers such as aluminum runabouts, canoes and kayaks; THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that Council accept the donation of the land, legally described as being Concession 7 Part Lot 1 1, and being Part 7 on 13 R 4897, subject to the following conditions: 1. That a public meeting be held so that property owners in the area of the boat launch and stakeholders can be consulted on the proposal to convert the existing private (unrestricted) boat launch to a small craft access area. 2. That Legal Services enters into negotiations with Mr. Bell to acquire the land. 3. As part of the 2005 budget deliberations, sufficient fbnds be allocated to convert the ramp for small craft use only and maintain the boat ramp on an ongoing basis. ORIGIN/PURPOSE : City staff received a request in the fall of 2000 from Mr. Francis Bell indicating that in exchange for a charitable gift donation, he would donate land with water frontage at the south end of Loughborough 13
COUNCIL MEETING^ 9 JtJN 2 2 '04 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 2 - Lake. This parcel of land is currently a private boat ramp. The consideration (value) of the transfer will be determined by appraisal and Mr. and Mrs. Bell would receive a charitable receipt in exchange for the land. Thus, the purpose of this report is to advise Council of the opportunity to acquire water access at the south end of Loughborough Lake; to outline the rationale for the conversion of the existing unrestricted boat launch to a small craft access point and to seek Council's endorsement for the acquisition of the land subject to a public meeting being held on the proposed changes to the ramp. OPTIONS/DISCUSSION: Background The original request, from Mr. Francis Bell, asking the City of Kingston to consider acquisition (by donation) of the existing private boat ramp at the south end of Loughborough Lake included a second parcel of land which is immediately north of the ramp. This second parcel of land has 70 feet of frontage on the lake. There are issues regarding the ownership of the second parcel and it is recommended that the City not pursue acquisition of those lands. Current Issues: Parking: If the 70 foot parcel of land was available to be conveyed to the City then the City would have been in a position to recommend acceptance of the parcels and could maintain the current boat launch as an unrestricted launch site subject to some improvements. This is because the 70 foot parcel could have been converted to a much needed parking lot and staging area for the vehicles and their trailers which access this site currently. Residents in the area have complained that vehicles and their trailers parking along Loughborough Drive create congestion and block traffic for the locals. Emergency vehicle access is compromised with the parking of trailers and vehicles along the narrow road. However, with the donated land being limited to the 50 by 30 foot parcel of land, Cultural Services still recommends the acquisition of the land but recommends that it be restricted to small, car roof rack carried watercraft so that trailers are not required to be parked on the site or along Loughborough Drive. It is Cultural Services proposal that the existing ramp, which currently permits trailer mounted boats to be launched into the lake, would be converted to a small craft access point. The possible conversion might include a two meter wide path alongside a small retaining wall which would permit a flat off road parking area for 3 cars. Some benches could be placed adjacent to the wall on the waterside. This retaining wall would restrict trailers from accessing the water. Any future changes would be reviewed by those persons in attendance at the future public meeting, the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority and the Ministry of Natural Resources as required by the Canada Fisheries Act. Environmental Concerns: The Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that the west basin of Loughborough Lake is classified by the Province of Ontario as a highly sensitive Lake Trout lake and as such, there is a need to ensure that all shoreline and in-water works are appropriate for a lake of this sensitivity. Any changes to existing boat ramps within water are subject to strict regulations set out by the Ministry of Natural Resources which ensure that fish spawning areas and fish habitats are not adversely impacted by any in- water works on the lake. Recycled and crushed asphalt material had been placed on the subject boat-ramp, 14
COUNCIL MEETING 1 9 JUN 2 2 'Q4 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 3 - the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that asphalt material is not an appropriate surface material for this location and such material should be removed and replaced prior to further use of the boat ramp. It also has been pointed out by the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority that the Authority owns and maintains a boat ramp facility at the eastern end of the west basin of Loughborough Lake at Perth Road. It indicates that there is often heavy demand for the use of their facility which includes off street parking for vehicles and trailers. It is their observation that the Bell property boat ramp is often used by residents of the adjacent area, but less so by residents of other areas of the City. Due to the lack of parking and staging areas around the ramp and due to the steep grade on the ramp, the facility is likely best suited as a water access point for the launching of smaller craft such as aluminum runabouts, canoes and kayaks. Prior to the operation of the ramp as a municipal facility, staff should ensure that there are no holes or debris in the water that could limit its function. The Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that should the City accept the donation of the property and if resurfacing of the ramp is required, then the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority recommends that the City contact the Conservation Authority's Biologist for advice with regard to fish habitat. Environment Division: The Manager Environmental Division for the City of Kingston has indicated that the boat ramp in question has been the subject of a few complaints in recent years over granular materials that have been placed to improve the ramp. This placement of materials has raised concerns about the possible degradation of water quality and shoreline. Staff note that there are concerns expressed regarding the environmental liabilities of owning and operating a structure that may be the site of fuel spills from power boats and vehicles that tow them in a highly sensitive lake trout area. If the ramp is converted to a small craft access point then the likelihood of such occurrences are minimized. Benefits to the City: The City of Kingston has 150 kilometres of shoreline fronting onto Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, the Great Cataraqui River, the Rideau Canal, Odessa Lake, Collins Lake, and Loughborough Lake. The City owns and maintains eight boat access ramps as follows: 1. Portsmouth Olympic Harbour- 2 ramps, public-launch charge applicable June, July and August 2. West Street- public/ no charge 3. Doug Fluhrer Park--Public-- Kingston Marina assesses a charge for parking 4. Lake Ontario Camp Ground- Publicho charge 5. Inner Harbour at the Emma Martin Park---Publicho charge 6. Grass Creek Park---Publicho charge 7. Cecil Graham Park (Aragon Road) -Public /no charge 8. Collins Bay, off Hwy. #33 next to Edith Rankin Church--Public-no charge Other available ramps in the area include: 1. Collins Bay Marina, private on the south side of Collins Bay--Charge 2. Rideau Marina- Private - A charge applies 3. Treasure Island Marina-- Private- A charge applies 15
REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 4 - As the population of the greater Kingston area increases there is additional pressure to provide recreational boating and fishing access for the community. Where the City has the opportunity to get access to any portion of the 150 kilometres of waterfront is of benefit to the community. Access to rural lakes is important to the community in that it provides access to potentially easier paddling experiences for novice canoeists, kayakers and small craft operators. Loughborough Lake is a large twelve kilometre long lake (1,800 hectares) consisting of two distinct basins and is located at the north end of the City. Only the very southwestern tip of the lake is located within the City’s boundary. It is the most southerly Lake Trout habitat in Ontario, other than Lake Ontario, and has a long history of providing varied recreation for both local residents and visitors. It is an active recreational sport and fishing lake. The provision of a public, small craft launch will provide access to this beautiful lake for those small craft boaters who prefer quiet scenic pleasures to power boat recreational maneuvers. The conversion of this donated boat launch into a small craft launch will not adversely impact the environment in this area nor limit power boat operators access to this lake. Large craft will still be able to access both the east and west basins of Loughborough Lake from the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority operated boat ramp, off of Perth Road. EXISTING POLICY/BY-LAW: Studies: In the fall of 2002, Planning & Development Services initiated a visioning exercise relating to Kingston’s waterfront areas and through public consultation came up with six waterfront principles: namely that the citizens of Kingston want a waterfront that is accessible, beautiful, clean, historic, lively and natural. The acquisition of a municipal boat launch at the south end of Loughborough Lake will provide an opportunity to access a beautiful lake at the only point that is located within our municipality. The Official Plan Policies from the former Kingston Township Official Plan support public acquisition of waterfront lands and improving access to waterfront lands. (Section 2-5 Where We Play; Section 5-2.8 Land Acquisition) LINK TO STRATEGIC PLAN: City Council adopted 8 strategic priorities from the Community Strategic Plan to focus on over the next few years. Within the approved cultural strategy, Council adopted implementation plans within three broad categories, namely: Assets and Opportunities; Community Partnerships; and, Communities in Bloom. The acquisition of the private boat ramp for municipal purposes meets the following objectives: . Assets and opportunities The proposed Waterfront access fits into the Assets and Opportunities category as it will help address an identified gap in the provision of community needdservices in respect to pubic waterfront access for the community. FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS: No monies have been included in the projected 2004 capital budget to convert the existing boat launch into a small craft access point. It is estimated that the conversion would cost approximately $10,000. Additional operational and maintenance monies will be required in the future, should the city acquire the boat launch, to repair and maintain the boat launch on an as needed basis. The City would have to pay for an appraisal of the parcel of land to be donated in order to issue a charitable tax receipt. 16
APPENDIX 'A' GIs Map of Loughborough Lake - South End .. 17
COUI\JCIL MEETlING 1 9JUN 2 2 '04 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake - Page 5 - Report No: 04-246 CONTACTS: Ann Pappert, Manager, Cultural Services Division Kristine Hebert, Parks & Open Space Planning Coordinator Paul MacLatchy, Manager, Environmental Services 546-4291 ext. 1341 546-4291 ext. 1256 384-1770 ext. 3134 DEPARTMENTWOTHERS CONSULTED AND AFFECTED: Cultural Services consulted with the Finance, Legal Services, Operations, Planning, Environment Divisions as well as the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority. Both the Environmental Division and the CRCA provided input, which is incorporated into this report. No other objections or notable comments were received. NOTICE PROVISIONS: The acquisition of the boat launch will be subject to a public meeting being held. Although no provincial acts or by-laws govern this process, Cultural Services will abide by standard practices under the planning act and notify all property owners within 120 metres of the launch as well and giving notice in the Whig Standard. APPENDICES: Appendix A: GIS map of Loughborough Lake-south end

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:48 am 
Walleye Angler

The link to the above. You need to scroll down the document.

https://www.cityofkingston.ca/cok/counc ... _Rpt64.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:51 am 
Jumbo Perch

The city eventually decided against accepting the donation of the property do to up keep and liability issues and it still remains Private ownership. That document is nearly 17 years old, if you’ve seen that ramp it is in extreme disrepair. Funny story at one point in time the city workers we paving on Sydenham rd and started to dump access paving material on the ramp. The owner came out and stopped them after a few loads, which Is why only a 10ft patch of the ramp has some pavement. Even the workers mistakenly thought it was city owned, so I understand the confusion. Anyway, just presenting everyone with facts.

uote="mitch"]From June 19, 2004 Council meeting

CITY OF KINGSTON REPORT TO COUNCIL I Report No.: 04-246 I TO: FROM: PREPARED BY: Bert Meunier, Chief Administrative Officer Lance Thurston, Commissioner, Department of Community Services Ann Pappert, Manager, Cultural Services Division Kristine Hebert, Parks & Open Space Planning Coordinator DATE OF MEETING: 2004-06-22 SUBJECT: Donation to City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL: WHEREAS there is an existing privately owned boat ramp at the south end of Loughborough Lake which allows for trailer launched motorized boats into Loughborough Lake; AND WHEREAS the owner of the property, Mr. Francis Bell, wishes to donate the 50 foot by 30 foot waterfront parcel to the municipality in exchange for a charitable tax receipt; AND WHEREAS Cultural Services staff are of the opinion that the acquisition of this access point to Loughborough Lake is in the interest of the municipality, it being the only potential public access on the lake within the municipality; AND WHEREAS Cultural Services has consulted with technical staff, and site constraints promote the conversion of the existing motorized boat launch to a small craft access point, restricting access to walk-in craft without trailers such as aluminum runabouts, canoes and kayaks; THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that Council accept the donation of the land, legally described as being Concession 7 Part Lot 1 1, and being Part 7 on 13 R 4897, subject to the following conditions: 1. That a public meeting be held so that property owners in the area of the boat launch and stakeholders can be consulted on the proposal to convert the existing private (unrestricted) boat launch to a small craft access area. 2. That Legal Services enters into negotiations with Mr. Bell to acquire the land. 3. As part of the 2005 budget deliberations, sufficient fbnds be allocated to convert the ramp for small craft use only and maintain the boat ramp on an ongoing basis. ORIGIN/PURPOSE : City staff received a request in the fall of 2000 from Mr. Francis Bell indicating that in exchange for a charitable gift donation, he would donate land with water frontage at the south end of Loughborough 13
COUNCIL MEETING^ 9 JtJN 2 2 '04 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 2 - Lake. This parcel of land is currently a private boat ramp. The consideration (value) of the transfer will be determined by appraisal and Mr. and Mrs. Bell would receive a charitable receipt in exchange for the land. Thus, the purpose of this report is to advise Council of the opportunity to acquire water access at the south end of Loughborough Lake; to outline the rationale for the conversion of the existing unrestricted boat launch to a small craft access point and to seek Council's endorsement for the acquisition of the land subject to a public meeting being held on the proposed changes to the ramp. OPTIONS/DISCUSSION: Background The original request, from Mr. Francis Bell, asking the City of Kingston to consider acquisition (by donation) of the existing private boat ramp at the south end of Loughborough Lake included a second parcel of land which is immediately north of the ramp. This second parcel of land has 70 feet of frontage on the lake. There are issues regarding the ownership of the second parcel and it is recommended that the City not pursue acquisition of those lands. Current Issues: Parking: If the 70 foot parcel of land was available to be conveyed to the City then the City would have been in a position to recommend acceptance of the parcels and could maintain the current boat launch as an unrestricted launch site subject to some improvements. This is because the 70 foot parcel could have been converted to a much needed parking lot and staging area for the vehicles and their trailers which access this site currently. Residents in the area have complained that vehicles and their trailers parking along Loughborough Drive create congestion and block traffic for the locals. Emergency vehicle access is compromised with the parking of trailers and vehicles along the narrow road. However, with the donated land being limited to the 50 by 30 foot parcel of land, Cultural Services still recommends the acquisition of the land but recommends that it be restricted to small, car roof rack carried watercraft so that trailers are not required to be parked on the site or along Loughborough Drive. It is Cultural Services proposal that the existing ramp, which currently permits trailer mounted boats to be launched into the lake, would be converted to a small craft access point. The possible conversion might include a two meter wide path alongside a small retaining wall which would permit a flat off road parking area for 3 cars. Some benches could be placed adjacent to the wall on the waterside. This retaining wall would restrict trailers from accessing the water. Any future changes would be reviewed by those persons in attendance at the future public meeting, the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority and the Ministry of Natural Resources as required by the Canada Fisheries Act. Environmental Concerns: The Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that the west basin of Loughborough Lake is classified by the Province of Ontario as a highly sensitive Lake Trout lake and as such, there is a need to ensure that all shoreline and in-water works are appropriate for a lake of this sensitivity. Any changes to existing boat ramps within water are subject to strict regulations set out by the Ministry of Natural Resources which ensure that fish spawning areas and fish habitats are not adversely impacted by any in- water works on the lake. Recycled and crushed asphalt material had been placed on the subject boat-ramp, 14
COUNCIL MEETING 1 9 JUN 2 2 'Q4 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 3 - the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that asphalt material is not an appropriate surface material for this location and such material should be removed and replaced prior to further use of the boat ramp. It also has been pointed out by the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority that the Authority owns and maintains a boat ramp facility at the eastern end of the west basin of Loughborough Lake at Perth Road. It indicates that there is often heavy demand for the use of their facility which includes off street parking for vehicles and trailers. It is their observation that the Bell property boat ramp is often used by residents of the adjacent area, but less so by residents of other areas of the City. Due to the lack of parking and staging areas around the ramp and due to the steep grade on the ramp, the facility is likely best suited as a water access point for the launching of smaller craft such as aluminum runabouts, canoes and kayaks. Prior to the operation of the ramp as a municipal facility, staff should ensure that there are no holes or debris in the water that could limit its function. The Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority notes that should the City accept the donation of the property and if resurfacing of the ramp is required, then the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority recommends that the City contact the Conservation Authority's Biologist for advice with regard to fish habitat. Environment Division: The Manager Environmental Division for the City of Kingston has indicated that the boat ramp in question has been the subject of a few complaints in recent years over granular materials that have been placed to improve the ramp. This placement of materials has raised concerns about the possible degradation of water quality and shoreline. Staff note that there are concerns expressed regarding the environmental liabilities of owning and operating a structure that may be the site of fuel spills from power boats and vehicles that tow them in a highly sensitive lake trout area. If the ramp is converted to a small craft access point then the likelihood of such occurrences are minimized. Benefits to the City: The City of Kingston has 150 kilometres of shoreline fronting onto Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, the Great Cataraqui River, the Rideau Canal, Odessa Lake, Collins Lake, and Loughborough Lake. The City owns and maintains eight boat access ramps as follows: 1. Portsmouth Olympic Harbour- 2 ramps, public-launch charge applicable June, July and August 2. West Street- public/ no charge 3. Doug Fluhrer Park--Public-- Kingston Marina assesses a charge for parking 4. Lake Ontario Camp Ground- Publicho charge 5. Inner Harbour at the Emma Martin Park---Publicho charge 6. Grass Creek Park---Publicho charge 7. Cecil Graham Park (Aragon Road) -Public /no charge 8. Collins Bay, off Hwy. #33 next to Edith Rankin Church--Public-no charge Other available ramps in the area include: 1. Collins Bay Marina, private on the south side of Collins Bay--Charge 2. Rideau Marina- Private - A charge applies 3. Treasure Island Marina-- Private- A charge applies 15
REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake Report No: 04-246 - Page 4 - As the population of the greater Kingston area increases there is additional pressure to provide recreational boating and fishing access for the community. Where the City has the opportunity to get access to any portion of the 150 kilometres of waterfront is of benefit to the community. Access to rural lakes is important to the community in that it provides access to potentially easier paddling experiences for novice canoeists, kayakers and small craft operators. Loughborough Lake is a large twelve kilometre long lake (1,800 hectares) consisting of two distinct basins and is located at the north end of the City. Only the very southwestern tip of the lake is located within the City’s boundary. It is the most southerly Lake Trout habitat in Ontario, other than Lake Ontario, and has a long history of providing varied recreation for both local residents and visitors. It is an active recreational sport and fishing lake. The provision of a public, small craft launch will provide access to this beautiful lake for those small craft boaters who prefer quiet scenic pleasures to power boat recreational maneuvers. The conversion of this donated boat launch into a small craft launch will not adversely impact the environment in this area nor limit power boat operators access to this lake. Large craft will still be able to access both the east and west basins of Loughborough Lake from the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority operated boat ramp, off of Perth Road. EXISTING POLICY/BY-LAW: Studies: In the fall of 2002, Planning & Development Services initiated a visioning exercise relating to Kingston’s waterfront areas and through public consultation came up with six waterfront principles: namely that the citizens of Kingston want a waterfront that is accessible, beautiful, clean, historic, lively and natural. The acquisition of a municipal boat launch at the south end of Loughborough Lake will provide an opportunity to access a beautiful lake at the only point that is located within our municipality. The Official Plan Policies from the former Kingston Township Official Plan support public acquisition of waterfront lands and improving access to waterfront lands. (Section 2-5 Where We Play; Section 5-2.8 Land Acquisition) LINK TO STRATEGIC PLAN: City Council adopted 8 strategic priorities from the Community Strategic Plan to focus on over the next few years. Within the approved cultural strategy, Council adopted implementation plans within three broad categories, namely: Assets and Opportunities; Community Partnerships; and, Communities in Bloom. The acquisition of the private boat ramp for municipal purposes meets the following objectives: . Assets and opportunities The proposed Waterfront access fits into the Assets and Opportunities category as it will help address an identified gap in the provision of community needdservices in respect to pubic waterfront access for the community. FINANCIAL CONSIDERATIONS: No monies have been included in the projected 2004 capital budget to convert the existing boat launch into a small craft access point. It is estimated that the conversion would cost approximately $10,000. Additional operational and maintenance monies will be required in the future, should the city acquire the boat launch, to repair and maintain the boat launch on an as needed basis. The City would have to pay for an appraisal of the parcel of land to be donated in order to issue a charitable tax receipt. 16
APPENDIX 'A' GIs Map of Loughborough Lake - South End .. 17
COUI\JCIL MEETlING 1 9JUN 2 2 '04 REPORT TO COUNCIL Donation to the City of Kingston - Boat Access at South end of Loughborough Lake - Page 5 - Report No: 04-246 CONTACTS: Ann Pappert, Manager, Cultural Services Division Kristine Hebert, Parks & Open Space Planning Coordinator Paul MacLatchy, Manager, Environmental Services 546-4291 ext. 1341 546-4291 ext. 1256 384-1770 ext. 3134 DEPARTMENTWOTHERS CONSULTED AND AFFECTED: Cultural Services consulted with the Finance, Legal Services, Operations, Planning, Environment Divisions as well as the Cataraqui Region Conservation Authority. Both the Environmental Division and the CRCA provided input, which is incorporated into this report. No other objections or notable comments were received. NOTICE PROVISIONS: The acquisition of the boat launch will be subject to a public meeting being held. Although no provincial acts or by-laws govern this process, Cultural Services will abide by standard practices under the planning act and notify all property owners within 120 metres of the launch as well and giving notice in the Whig Standard. APPENDICES: Appendix A: GIS map of Loughborough Lake-south end[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hello all. I did not fish Loughborough this year but I was out that way monday and went down Loughborough Drive to check out ice . The cottage/house beside the boat ramp has a new septic system just installed and looks like it is being fixed up. The ramp is blocked off and has private property/no trespassing signs all over the place. Maybe the ministry should stop stocking it if there is no longer easy access.

banner ad