banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:05 pm 
Walleye

I launched in Picton harbour at about 8:00 AM and was not able to even attempt crossing the bay. The wind was too strong and severe white caps were present. Waited about 2 hours and wind did not subside. A cab driver told me that the ferry was cancelled due to the wind. Then I drove to the large bridge at Belleville and launched on the North side just east of the bridge (Beautiful public boat launch. My first time there.) Did some trolling and casting West of the big arched bridge. Caught an out of season Smallmouth Bass. The wind stayed very strong all day with severe waves. Even in areas that were sheltered, the wind was bothersome. I checked the Weather Channel under "local forcast for Belleville" last night and they stated 15 to 20 km/hr winds. Today's winds had to be much stronger (I say more like 40 to 60 km/hr). However, I checked the Weather Channel "Past 24 hour" information and the highest winds reported today were 28 km/hr. This can't be right. Does anyone know how accurate their forcast and past 24 hours wind speed is? To me it seems to be only a very shakey estimate. I will never trust their wind speed report again. Is there a more accurate wind forcast web site? :?: :(

Post subject: Hay Bay Report
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:33 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The wind was brutal at Hay Bay today, yesterday and on Monday.

Sure is hard to finesse them walleyes when you're bouncing like a cork(even with a bigger boat).

Lots of boats near Bayview Resort and I saw a half dozen in the Napanee River this morning on my way back from Napanee.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad