Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: End of the season
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:13 pm 
Walleye Master

Well, how did everyone’s season go. I sadly did not get on the ice again. Been way too long now. Bring on the open water.

I got some grease to battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

Post subject: Re: End of the season
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

I just sit on the edge of the bathtub and stare in the toilet. I call it my icefishing simulator just as exciting, warmer and safer. Come on open water I want to fish lakers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:24 pm 
Walleye

I caught 15 fish all year, I got that many one morning last winter

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:42 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Done alright this year considering the ice conditions probably put 30 walleye top side. 6 over 10lbs Lots between 4-10. And kept a few under that for the table. That way going out maybe 10 times this hardwater season. Can’t wait for May to get here now

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:22 pm 
Walleye

We did good for 2 guys this year not as good last year but longer ice season last year with better ice are final count was 47 walleye top side picking up 4 over the weekend but it sucks when other people move in on your spot so it was tough fish this weekend 90% of are fish to big to keep 8lb plus walleye and bigger hard to get on the nice eaters this season

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 am 
Site Admin

That was the worse season ive had in a long time. Best fish was 6.13. went yesterday to Sherman's and got nothing. Ed meet me on the ice and not 15 minutes in he sees a very tiny mark on the screen at 18'.We are in 30', he reels up to it and that tiny mark instantly changes into a good mark and grabs his lure. A few moments later he has a 10.14 on the ice. A few pictures and back down the hole. We pulled up early and were met in the parking lot by the mnr doing the creel survey. They told me we were the first of the day to report a catch

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:22 am 
Walleye Angler

year started great, landed around 40 over 8 trips with the best 1 day total of 17 and finally got a 10+ through the ice. last 3 trips - zero. fished hard this weekend but couldn't find them.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Up until about a week ago I was having a great time catching a lot of Walleye. i was lucky enough to get a couple over 10 lbs. I did get skunked twice. Both times at the Church. BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well..... When you tell everyone on the internet where you're getting fish, you should expect it to get crowded.

Just saying...

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:21 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Sadly we never got out. Our Ice just never settled down enough to allow us out in the SUV - only way we can get'r done these days.

However, coming back over The Bridge this morning we looked at the South Side 'water/ice' level, and Lordy!! Those poor Folks along the Shoreline are in for one Hellacious Spring. At this point they have a foot of clearance, and you know there's a s**t load of water coming toward them with The Thaw.

Prayer ain't gonna help much. Switch to Sandbags, and pile them HIGH.

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Well the highlight of my ice season was reading reports from Deepfriedwalleye and a few others on here and their success. Heart issues cancelled my fall fishing plans and I went ice fishing once on the Ottawa River and a week before my double bypass surgery and got skunked, could not make it to Quinte too much walking to get on the ice. I have not caught a fish since October. :(.

Now home after heart surgery recovering, organizing my tackle and staring at my boat covered in snow outside. Still no driving for about 2-3 weeks and no lifting for another month. Hoping to be recovered enough to fish by mid-April, want to try for Lake O lakers for the first time and brown trout.

Hopefully most people had a better ice season then me.

Tight lines

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:06 am 
Walleye Angler

Wordpecker
What bridge were u looking off of ,,, bay bridge in belleville ?

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:56 pm 
Walleye

teppy wrote:
Well..... When you tell everyone on the internet where you're getting fish, you should expect it to get crowded.

Just saying...

I am assuming you are talking about my post and yes you are right... Whats funny is that somebody must have been watching exactly where myself and brother in law were fishing... we had that spot for 3 weeks with nobody around with in hundreds of yards...I don’t take it to heart and I know that those fisherman had done well over the closing weekend seem like bunch of good guys...Next ice season I will leave out the word chruch or Sherman’s or huffs and just show the pictures of the fish :D ... Only 2 days end of the season and already getting ready for next ice season just order my new otter ice hut...Love standing on the hard water of the bay of quinte...Good luck to every one and be safe on the open water season and save me some gold to catch for next winter

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:19 pm 
Walleye Catcher

jkd24 wrote:
Wordpecker
What bridge were u looking off of ,,, bay bridge in belleville ?

Yeah Bill, that's where we were looking. If we guessed wrong, hopefully on the low side.

Also can't remember which direction the wind was blowing, but it was going pretty good.

Hugs, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:39 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Deepfriedwalleye wrote:
teppy wrote:

Just saying...

I am assuming you are talking about my post and yes you are right... Whats funny is that somebody must have been watching exactly where myself and brother in law were fishing... we had that spot for 3 weeks with nobody around with in hundreds of yards...I don’t take it to heart and I know that those fisherman had done well over the closing weekend seem like bunch of good guys...Next ice season I will leave out the word chruch or Sherman’s or huffs and just show the pictures of the fish :D ... Only 2 days end of the season and already getting ready for next ice season just order my new otter ice hut...Love standing on the hard water of the bay of quinte...Good luck to every one and be safe on the open water season and save me some gold to catch for next winter

Deepfriedwalleye if you are going to leave out the location names next year, then at least post or better yet just pm me, your GPS coordinates. Loved seeing your photos this winter.

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

banner ad
banner ad