Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:49 pm 
Walleye Fry

Your “reality check” needs an education check my friend. Not a very good argument. Anyway I’m done wasting what little free time I have on this topic. For those of you who are being socially responsible and are sacrificing for the greater good. I can tell you that we (front line workers) appreciate all your sacrifice to help control the spread. This will be my last post so you can rip into if you like. Be safe on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:54 pm 
Walleye Catcher

adventure wrote:
Everyone is different. Ive jumped off trains halfway between Armstrong and Manitoba at 2:00 in the morning and paddled a canoe 20 miles north from there and never worried about it. If something happened, you dealt with it. Such it is. It was one of the best trips of my life.
My mother rang the bell 4 months ago before this all started because she beat cancer. Im very proud of her, but Im not going to visit her. Nor am i going to risk any other person. I do talk with her regularly. I do support her the best i can.
But reality check people. We've had bad viruses before. And we will have them again. Look at the stats. How many people die of pneumonia each year, how many died of h1n1, how many die of cancer? Is that acceptable? Is that to be forgotten?
We should be washing our hands regularly anyway. And if we are sick, no matter what the reason, we should be avoiding the elderly and less healthy anyway. They are always at a risk.
No one wants to get sick and no normal person wants to hurt anyone. But this panicking wil hurt more people in more ways than most realize.

No one likes that people die and no one hates it more than me.
But I'll be out fishing. I'm not going out to hurt anyone and don't tell me i am. I'll stick to myself through this. Life is too short. For all of us whether you know it or not. I know that all too well.
So if you can't understand what i'm saying, that's ok. I won't judge you, but don't judge me either for doing what i love to do while i still can.
So listen to the tv and stay at home if that is what you think is best, but hopefully I'll see some of you out there enjoying yourselves fishing too.
Either way, i hope everyone stays safe wherever you are.

Finally a voice of reason in a sea of craziness.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Everyone has to make their own choice on whether to fish or not. For those who do, please consider that people are social animals and prone to follow the lead of another, especially if it's something they want to do. Not everyone can participate in a socially safe manner.

When we say, it's just me, it's really not. Our actions are copied by others. Fishing is a great example of that. If you caught a big fish on the far side of the moon, next time there'd be guys fishing there.

Everyday I think that if I just go here, there won't be anyone around and it'll be fine. This might be my last day to fish, I have to live. One sneak trip won't hurt anyone.

Perfectly sane people will go a head and take unnecessary risk, while minimizing the possible outcome. People still smoke, you know the rest.

Be safe and keep well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 am 
Walleye Angler

I can c y outdoor activities arent encouraged,, people congragating at ramps stopping to get bait , gas etc just common sense..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 am 
Walleye

I am afraid the only craziness I can read here the denial and self absorbtion, this is not about you and your wants, this is about society and its needs.
Safe food, warmth and good health.
For every denier that ends up in a hospital bed thats one less bed for a cancer patient.
If they don't get treatment they will die, can you say the same about fishing.
Till the MNR announces the delay of fishing season we can debate this all we want, mark my words trout opener will be one hurdle.
pics of fisherman standing shoulder to shoulder will not help. In the past Port Hope has tried to shut down the circus, the virus will aid in thier efforts, they wont want the mess, garbage, blaitant snagging and a hoard of infected "fishmen" in thier town, shops and hospitals.
Alberta blocked access to the mountain park's cause good weather was forecast.
Yes you have the right to trailer your boat how many miles?
Yes you have the right to gas up, get bait, stop at Tims⁰
Yes you have the right to fish?
But
YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFECT OTHERS

Like Ranger I am done done with this thread

Be safe hopefully see you on the water once the all clear us sounded
B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:53 am 
Walleye Master

Completely agree. Common sense can go a long way. Don't congregate at boat ramps. If you see someone you know don't walk up within two feet of their face and prove you can say peter piper riddles. Don't pick your nose and then use the gas nozzle. Don't walk down the aisles picking everything up you see. Choose your worms with your eyes not your hands. If you feel sick, stay at home and don't go visit your grandmother.
My wife works in home care. She is a die hard hand washer. Always was and always will be. Take a lesson from her, do wash your hands regularly. Especially after blowing your nose, coming in from outside or going to the bathroom.
These are things we should be doing everyday anyway. No matter what time of year, no matter what day it is. Not just because its flu season. Not just because everyone is panicking over this.
The first thing you are told when you are in an emergency situation is do not panic. Panic has done nothing but compromise our children's education and social skills and taken toilet paper and food away from people who aren't as capable of doing their own shopping. It will have an impact financially on all of us. Its done nothing but make us talk about this instead of how the fishing is.
So i couldn't agree more, think first and please use common sense everyday so we are all healthier living together.
Im done too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:29 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Both good posts Adventure....

Wow, I stock over 120l of gas, go to the gas station once in a while, use pay at the pump, use hand sanitizer and wash my hands vigorously. Make my own coffee, barely use live bait (except ice fishing). I am affecting anyone...

Am I being responsible? One would think... one may think not.

Keep on hitting the panic button, let's see where it gets us... So far it's gotten us empty shelves for the people in need.

Of course we're following all the recommendations from medical stand point, but I can't say I believe one thing out of er um our PM's mouth.

When common sense is used, it goes a long way.

Stay safe everyone, and smile, life is still good. :}

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 pm 
Walleye Catcher

"but I can't say I believe one thing out of er um our PM's mouth."

he still is allowing pot, booze and lottery tickets, so things can't be that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:32 pm 
Walleye Master

I’ll chime in. I can see both sides for sure here.

I will continue to fish (been out 4x for lakers so far). My boat can do 7-8 trips without needing gas. If I do, I pay at the pump. I go with my kids or a friend and that’s all I will see or speak to during the trip. In the 4 trips so far, I’ve spoken to one person from about 10 feet away.

I will also say this... my employer is “essential” in retail. I am forced to work to provide for my family because they are essential I don’t qualify for any benefits to self isolate or quarantine. I see hundreds of people a day just touring around my store looking for nothing but time to kill, putting me and my family at risk.

People are shopping for home improvement tasks to complete while they’re off that are far from essential. It’s a joke really. I deal with crying cashiers and associates fairly regularly now because of the danger they feel due to idiotic people not considering others.
Parents bringing babies and toddlers in along with their preteens to pick colours for their soon to be painted rooms.

Trust me when I say, fisherman are far from the problem/risk of exposure.

Be sensible and keep to yourself. Bring wipes and hand sanitizer for before and after pumping gas or docking the boat, other than that watch the riggers pop and keep the rod bent.

I have the utmost respect for our true essential workers. Law enforcement and health workers. Thank you for what you do and I hope when this is all over we celebrate you the way you deserve!

Cheers folks.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:46 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

BigMac wrote:
I’ll chime in. I can see both sides for sure here.

I will continue to fish (been out 4x for lakers so far). My boat can do 7-8 trips without needing gas. If I do, I pay at the pump. I go with my kids or a friend and that’s all I will see or speak to during the trip. In the 4 trips so far, I’ve spoken to one person from about 10 feet away.

I will also say this... my employer is “essential” in retail. I am forced to work to provide for my family because they are essential I don’t qualify for any benefits to self isolate or quarantine. I see hundreds of people a day just touring around my store looking for nothing but time to kill, putting me and my family at risk.

People are shopping for home improvement tasks to complete while they’re off that are far from essential. It’s a joke really. I deal with crying cashiers and associates fairly regularly now because of the danger they feel due to idiotic people not considering others.
Parents bringing babies and toddlers in along with their preteens to pick colours for their soon to be painted rooms.

Trust me when I say, fisherman are far from the problem/risk of exposure.

Be sensible and keep to yourself. Bring wipes and hand sanitizer for before and after pumping gas or docking the boat, other than that watch the riggers pop and keep the rod bent.

I have the utmost respect for our true essential workers. Law enforcement and health workers. Thank you for what you do and I hope when this is all over we celebrate you the way you deserve!

Cheers folks.

Again well said, goes back to what I mentioned, common sense... common sense is for 1 person to go to the store to get essentials, not the entire family and surely to not paint a room.
There's much more about common sense... leave it at it isn't that common.

Well said about our front line workers, ultimately they pay the price, the risk, the long hours, the devotion, and sometimes the guilt when they feel they couldn't do enough. They are precious.

Keep the rods bent Big Mac

Awesome Biff... lol. The guy can't even answer a question.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:32 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Awesome Biff... lol. The guy can't even answer a question.

this guy ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

I have a few home projects that I envisioned working on with this stay home time. Then I thought about the Doctors, nurses and the health care system in general and flattening the curve and decided to shelf these home renovations. We are ordering groceries online and having them delivered. Not going out at all except for walks around the neighborhood. Working from a home office. I feel for frontline essential workers and it really sucks for them that people are taking advantage to do home renovations and putting workers, family members and our health care system at risk. I agree with the common sense approach expressed here. Please keep physical distance when you have to go out in public and ask yourself if you really need to do it?

banner ad