Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:07 pm 
Walleye

https://www.loyalisttownship.ca/index.c ... he-public/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:24 pm 
Walleye Master

Still having a hard time understanding the “line”. I live in Amherstview and the park here had no less than 10-15 cars in the lot steady all day. Why is this allowed and how is it different than a boat ramp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:00 pm 
Walleye

BigMac wrote:
Still having a hard time understanding the “line”. I live in Amherstview and the park here had no less than 10-15 cars in the lot steady all day. Why is this allowed and how is it different than a boat ramp?

Yeah, I'm with you.
I think there is a responsible way to go about this. I fish with family or a friend that I'm regularly in contact with anyways. I stay clear of people at the boat launch. I go from my house to the launch...but somehow that is putting people at risk.

But in the meantime, LCBO is still open, dollar store is still open. I work construction and we are still working along with all the trades...there is a lot of interaction going on in society that even though they are considered essential, they are not...but then shut down boat launches like that is how we are going to stop this pandemic.

I don't know...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:32 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Man, we have SERIOUSLY blown this one! (Please indulge us meekly moaning in Public...)

...we've tried to think of everything, but missed one VERY important part of our Life - Pipe smoking!

Unless figuring out a way to send our wee Drone into downtown Belleville to pick up a few packs of Captain Black 'Gold' tobacco (weight issue no problem), we're gonna end up sucking our thumb!

Thank you for tolerating, please stay safe!~

Hugs, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:14 am 
Walleye Angler

So now when you line up for your lottery tickets you"re entering an extra lottery for free. Some get to enter when waiting to pay for milk.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:00 pm 
Walleye Catcher

So...while it seems silly to us "Locals" as we only have a few miles to drive, what about the people driving hundreds of miles (there has been a Quebec truck/trailer at the ramp) that stop for gas/snacks and possible overnight. And thats just Kingston, not the locations where the fishing is good ie St Catherine's/Mississauga areas with the large amount of anglers that drive distances to fish there. I get the frustration because I am feeling it too. Sorry I have to run the dry cleaner closes in 15

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:57 pm 
Walleye Master

Jim Lyon wrote:
So...while it seems silly to us "Locals" as we only have a few miles to drive, what about the people driving hundreds of miles (there has been a Quebec truck/trailer at the ramp) that stop for gas/snacks and possible overnight. And thats just Kingston, not the locations where the fishing is good ie St Catherine's/Mississauga areas with the large amount of anglers that drive distances to fish there. I get the frustration because I am feeling it too. Sorry I have to run the dry cleaner closes in 15

Your sarcasm is noted and I resent that sentiment. How can I stay home properly in a non freshly dry cleaned outfit.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
banner ad