Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:37 am 
Walleye Angler

I am curious what size range people are seeing in and pike and musky in the Bay of Quinte. I hear about some 5-8 pds (pike) but nothing really substantial yet to note. I optimistically attribute that to a few large year classes moving along through their life cycle. I am rarely hearing about musky, but remain hopeful that the changing conditions will provide some opportunity at some point for these solitary predators. Any thoughts about the pike and musky population?

As a child, my father used to take us to see some very large pike spawn near Napanee. I heard stories about the musky, but alas never did see a sample of a Bay of Quinte musky of any size to note.

Regards
Don Stokes

Post subject: size....
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:54 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Okay, first response...size doesn't matter.... ooops, wrong forum. :wink:

This weekend we caught 3 pike..... 2 around 3-4lb's and the other was 5.8lbs. I lost one around the 8lb mark that I had to the boat. We hit a few others that felt like considerable sizes but didn't see them. All of these were in Hay Bay and around the flats and across from Cedar Point Resort.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:38 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

saw lots of pike but only 2 boated. One was around 6lbs and the other was 10lbs nice and healthy. Most pike were still quite sluggish and half heartedly followed the bait with the odd one taking a swipe at it. I would say the average pike we saw were 7-10lbs. Its only going to get better.
Wish there was more musky though.Saw one 2 years ago,hit my topwater in hay bay and it was pushing 20lbs. No stretch of the truth as I am an avid musky fisher too.

fishman

banner ad