Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:35 pm 
Walleye

Agreed. To each their own. I’d at least keep the etec until the warranty was up. Just my opinion though. I don’t have a G2 but I always wanted one. Might be able to get one on the cheap now lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Ginner,

You did a good job of summarizing the info going around about BRP stopping the manufacturing of outboards. As a G2 owner with 9 years of warranty left, i do prefer to hear positive comments from positive people like you. Only time will tell whether BRP will fully support the product.

Thanks, BATMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:10 am 
Walleye Angler

Rumour has it Merc as part of the deal owns the G2 technology which it needs as they are not going to meet the upcoming emissions requirements that are coming up in the next year or two. Merc May rebrand a merc with the G2 technology calling it something else. Therefore parts etc. Will not be an issue. In return BRP has a deal to outfit their boats with mercs at a better cost then they give other boat dealers. Again just rumours but who knows? At least my new boat will have one of the last ones and therefore maybe a collectors edition!! Lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:37 am 
Walleye

Batman

Exactly, its all just hearsay at this point, only time will tell. BUT! chances are that a good number of etec owners also own, or will own a sea-doo,
ski-doo, can-am ATV or side by side, or a can am spyder. So the way I look at it is, BRP is going to do everything they can to make this as painless as possible for the etec owners so not to hurt their reputation or the sales of the other products that they offer. The way the world is with the internet these days, bad publicity from the consumer can really hurt these companies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am 
Walleye Wisdom

jignpigman wrote:
Rumour has it Merc as part of the deal owns the G2 technology which it needs as they are not going to meet the upcoming emissions requirements that are coming up in the next year or two. Merc May rebrand a merc with the G2 technology calling it something else. Therefore parts etc. Will not be an issue. In return BRP has a deal to outfit their boats with mercs at a better cost then they give other boat dealers. Again just rumours but who knows? At least my new boat will have one of the last ones and therefore maybe a collectors edition!! Lol

FTR reached out to BRP regarding the future of Evinrude and received the following replies regarding the iconic brand’s future.
Q: Will you keep the doors open to produce Evinrude engines again someday?

BRP: We are re-orienting our marine strategy and concentrating our efforts on next generation engine technology, publicly known as Project Ghost, our boat business and other marine projects where we see a lot of potential to transform the on-water experience for consumers. We have no plan to bring back the production of outboard engines E-TEC and E-TEC G2.

Q: Will you sell the brand or the technology of your Evinrude engines?

BRP: Evinrude has a long history and we will maintain the trademark. At this point, we have no intention of selling the brand or the technology of Evinrude.

banner ad