banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bass Opener 2020
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm 
Walleye

I had a pretty decent opening morning with a BONUS !!! i fished from 7:30 until 11:30 and ended up landing 6 bass with 2 being over 3lbs. and one of them were in the 4 lb class.The bonus was is that 2 of the bass were Smallmouth and I lost another Smallmouth in the same 4lb class, 2 nice blackies. where I was fishing in this area of Northport I have never caught 1 Smallmouth let alone 2 in the same day? Five of the fish came on a Zoom red bug 6" lizard and the biggest largemouth choked a bluegill chatterbait. Looking forward to tomorrow morning!!! "Stickem Bubba"

Post subject: Re: Bass Opener 2020
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:00 pm 
Guppy

Great to hear about the smallies nice to hear someone catching them, I was also out today caught over 20 largemouth bass the average was between 2 and three pounds lost the big one at the side of the boat, the net would have been nice .overall a good day though. Got them on a 4-inch chigger crawl with owner lockdown hook wide gap FLIPPING IN 8 TO 10 FEET OF WATER. Hope everyone had a good day out there :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Bass Opener 2020
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:50 am 
Site Admin

I decided to skip the bay and go play with the smallies in kingston. Left the bedding fish alone, although most were done their thing. Lots of empty beds. They were on a tear with jerkbaits. Most of the schooling fish I crossed paths with were in the 3lb range but did hit a pack where 3 fish in back to back casts all weighed the same 4.10lb.

banner ad