Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:50 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The Grandsons arr'd Saturday afternoon and the Grandparent were glad to see them and their parents, it's been six months. Too hot to fish but the Tube was ready and off we headed for many spins around the middle of Hay Bay. Great fun as it was nice for the boys to be on the water.

Sunday was going to be warm also, so we hit the water at 0800 and fished the Kingscourt weed bed, where we've had good success for the past two July's, the fish didn't let us down. We fished til 1100 with multiple passes thru the weeds, Results were 15 eyes landed, with three over the 15inch Boat size. A good Morning.

First Morning Results

Tubing again in the afternoon to cool down and effect some minor repairs to the Kicker.

It is the Free Fishing Period, so my Son thought he and the boys could take their Mother out to try her luck. The boys explpained the line counter reels and how to hold the rod and what to expect from a fish. She was trolling and her liine was tight and she reeled in a Silver Perch, 1st fish for her. My son hooked a fish and passed her the rod, and she brought in a Lifter walleye, 1 st Walleye, lots of celebrating. Back to the trolling and then she says professionally "Fish ON". The rod was bending quite a bit as she slowly brought the fish to net held by the youngest grandson, in the net it went - WOW an 18 inch Keeper. Her truly first walleye by herself - everybody was happy.

The count for the day 18 walleyes landed with 4 for the table.

Sunday we were a bit slower and only began to fish at 0900 nrear Thompson's Cove. We started at the SW corner and my son cries fish on in the first 30 seconds, a Lifter eye.... Back goes the line and with 45 second,he says Fish ON again, another lifter. Boy - are we off to a start.......

We trolled the 10 - 11 - 12 foot levels very close to the weeds and then the circus arr'd, it was fish on - fish on - fish on. William lost a 2 foot pike, I lost a couple of good fish, Albert landed a small Sheepie. Dave landed a bigger sheepie on his ultra-lite rod. What a Morning!!!!!!

We fished later til 1245 as the bit was on. Final Total was 24 walleye, 4 keepers, sheepie, pike, sunfish and rock bass - NO PERCH.......

The boys and I were off the moon as was their Dad. The count for two days as 42 walleyes and others- a trip they will remember.

All the fish were caught on the Orange Uzick Spinner in water never over 13 feet.

We had a BLAST.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Holy moly Super-D, YOU n' DadFam had one heck of an outing!!!

Congrats to ALL, on truly spectacular results!

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:07 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Dave, the best part of this is not fishing it is family. Hoping You and Pat had a great day(weekend)with the family. By the look of son and grandsons, you achieved the Happy Factor.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am 
Perch

Great memories, thanks for sharing.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:43 pm 
Walleye

What a great couple of days with your family, and the walleye co-operated to boot. Good job on finding the weed Wallleye, there are buried deep but very hungry.
B

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:26 pm 
Goby

Thanks for your posts super dad. Iā€™m new to fishing & here at my cottage for a few weeks. Was trying tactics from back home (bottom bouncing/jigging in 20-40ā€™. Was either getting skunked or 1-2 FISH/day making a 20 minute ride from prinyers cove to hay bay. Tried spinner rigs today over the weeds & had the best fishing day of my life ( 7 walleye (4 lifters & 3 keepers >20ā€, 2 sheep head, countless sunfish/perch. Limited out in under 2 hours thanks to your posts!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:19 pm 
Walleye Fry

Nothing better than amazing family time! Sounds like the fishing was pretty hot similar to the weather! Congrats!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:25 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Man, you more than EARNED those Fish!

Thanks for a heart-warming report.

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
banner ad