Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Wollaston Lake Coe Hill
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 pm 
Goby

Hi everyone, looking to chat with some people who may have experience fishing Wollaston Lake in Coe Hill.

I've had a small off-grid cabin on the lake for a number of years and have always found the fishing extremely tough and different than other lakes i've fished in the past. Over the years, the biggest pike i've caught has been ~10lbs, but outside of that they're all in the 2-4lbs class. Walleyes are sporadically caught as bycatch and the bass are moody - i'm used to flipping docks and using top water, but they all seem to be in dense weeds or heavily suspended. All in all, its been a frustrating bunch of years, but i've kept slugging away. For the pike, its said they're on the secondary weed lines, but still no luck even when i've found them.

Recently i got a small boat back into my life, so i've been re-plotting the contours using quickdraw maps and re-visiting the old areas on the lake. The challenges remains :(

One of the biggest things I've noticed is the lake of general fishing info on this lake. 0 Navionics, extremely limited posts on the net. Is the lake just crap for fishing? I've seen a ton of nice boats on the lake this year, so im assuming that cant be the case. Just seems odd.

Anyways, hoping a few of you or at least 1 may have some information or maybe even put me into touch with someone who does. I am 100% willing to put in the work much the same as I did to learn swinging for steelies on most Lake O / G Bay tribs, but maybe having a few questions asked would be much appreciated.

Cheers and tight lines,
Joel

banner ad