Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:28 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Guess the guests to Port Hope didn't clean up well

http://todaysnorthumberland.ca/2020/09/01/salmon-fishing-is-closed-for-the-season-in-port-hope/amp/

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:12 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I think we all need to do our best to keep everyone safe but once again, I think shutting down our shore fishing areas is wrong when this is happening at the Gord Downy Pier in Kingston.

From the Whig article about the over-crowding on the pier, this mindset I do agree somewhat with though and insert "student" with "angler."

"It’s about us communicating to the students about their responsibility as citizens, and obviously the city and public health have a role in also communicating that message to students, and again it’s our hope that students will be mindful of those kinds of practices and what are the right kinds of things to do to keep themselves safe, keep their friends safe and keep the community safe,”

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:39 pm 
Walleye

My two cents....when your “safe” to wait 6’ apart in a line up to get into the grocery store and it’s not alright to stand on the bank of a river 6’ apart ....that’s a problem. I’m sorry more and more freedoms seem to be taken away over something that is no worse then the flu. So sick and tired of the BS over covid. The people in charge need to start looking and facts not fiction. That goes for people at the top of this country down. Sorry for the rant. But that’s my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 pm 
Goby

unfortunate that your opinion is not based on facts!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:52 pm 
Walleye Catcher

ShawnL wrote:
My two cents....when your “safe” to wait 6’ apart in a line up to get into the grocery store and it’s not alright to stand on the bank of a river 6’ apart ....that’s a problem. I’m sorry more and more freedoms seem to be taken away over something that is no worse then the flu. So sick and tired of the BS over covid. The people in charge need to start looking and facts not fiction. That goes for people at the top of this country down. Sorry for the rant. But that’s my opinion.

I agree with you brother, but those 'TV watchers' will be along to correct you in 3, 2, 1...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm 
Baitfish

From what I saw at port hope this season , the amount of garbage left behind along the shorelines was disgusting and disgraceful to a true sportsman, coffee cups, food wrappers, toilet paper, cigarette packs, roe sacks, etc... gross. Bunch of bums in my opinion who ruined it for the few people I saw there that looked respectful fishing from shore. Good for city of port hope closing it, but only forces those people with 7 days of vacation per week to spend their cerb money somewhere else, within e-bike distance.
And for the record, my boat brings home all of our garbage and recycling. Nothing left behind.
All that garbage laying around reminded me of the Trent river and bay of Quinte in February.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:32 am 
Walleye Angler

The closure was related to Covid and not garbage. IMO, for the times I was there prior to closure, the waste issue was the best I had seen it in years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 am 
Walleye Angler

My 2 cents! If your smart enough to get marks high enough to get into queens then surly to god your smart enough to understand what the risks of your actions are! You come to our beautiful city break the government rules ( the same ones we obey going to grocery stores doctors offices etc) then go visit our restaurants bars etc. Yes those places I am slowly considering to attend again (not now) and somehow think that’s ok? Sorry I have a problem with this and so should your parents who some just took out a second mortgage so you could attend this Univercity! Your actions are hypocritical since the ones who will be teaching you starting this week are in some cases the same individuals who assist and advise the current agencies on Covid 19? As for port hope, it is the community who grew tired of the garbage etc. Who are now using Covid 19 as an excuse to ban shoreline fishing! So sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 am 
Walleye Angler

BTW
if you think you are good to go because you have a boat and in fact you are however,
do not tie to dock,wallls,piers etc basically any part of shoreline and put lines into the water $150 fine
and if you think you can hide think again police and port hope services patrolling the ramp and dock area evey 15 minutes and that is without exageration
anchor or use minkotta is the only way to fish the river !!!
cheerz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 am 
Minnow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwHWsFS ... CanadaShow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 pm 
Walleye

It was only a matter of time. And I am sure more places will close access to shore fishing. I think the rocks at Jane Forrester in Belleville will be soon.

People, if you can pack in a Timmies, you can pack the empty out !!!

Garbage is why they are closing places. It costs money and time to clean up after the idiots.

I will be packing garbage bags and gloves with me this fall.

TAKE YOUR GARBAGE WITH YOU !!!!!!

Regards