Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:54 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hello I have not been on the site much of late... but have been around for awhile. I have only fished Quinte in the Fall I think 2 or 3 times in the last 3 or 4 years total, but hoping to get out at least 3-4 days this November depending on weather and travel conditions from Ottawa area, my tow vehicle sucks.

Anyways I usually only fish me and 1 other person in the boat, but sometimes put in a 3rd. As well back 5-6 years ago I use to “team up” with a few other guys on this board and share info via text or voice on fishing conditions.

So if anyone is interested in joining me in my boat if I have any empty seat or wants to swap phone numbers to share info send me a pm.

Looking forward to Quinte gold!!!

Not to be rude but looking for guys with at least some Quinte experience to share info both ways.

Thanks

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 am 
Walleye

PM sent

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Jim,
Do you have my number?

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:38 pm 
Walleye Catcher

"my tow vehicle sucks"

This comment causes us some serious concerns Jimmy W; even more so if nobody else is around.

One of the BIGGEST issues with Fishing Quinte at this time of year is getting a Boat and Trailer in and/or out of the water.

Unless your vehicle has reliable AWD or 4WD, we'd seriously advise against attempting to brave the elements involved.

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:11 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Wordpecker wrote:
"my tow vehicle sucks"

This comment causes us some serious concerns Jimmy W; even more so if nobody else is around.

One of the BIGGEST issues with Fishing Quinte at this time of year is getting a Boat and Trailer in and/or out of the water.

Unless your vehicle has reliable AWD or 4WD, we'd seriously advise against attempting to brave the elements involved.

Rgds, Wordpecker

Thanks for the concern Wordpecker. I am not new to fishing Quinte in my boat in November, December and even January.

We have helped pull other people's boats out of the water on icy ramps because people don't let their trailer drain a bit before they pull it up the ramp covering the ramp in water which freezes at the end of the day. We often bring sand with us as well, never needed it for our vehicles but have used it once or twice for people with FWD trucks.

My vehicle is only a FWD minivan it is rated fine to pull my boat but I do not use it to pull in the late Fall due to slippery ramps. As a result all my Fall fishing trips are with buddies that have 4WD trucks, I supply the fully rigged boat and fishing gear and they tow my boat. So no worries about us.

JimW

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

DanElliot wrote:
Jim,
Do you have my number?

Not on my new cell phone. No

Jim

banner ad