Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 pm 
Walleye Fry

Anyone still taking the risk to go out? As of midnight Wednesday night, non essential travel not allowed. At least until February 11th anyone’s thoughts? Who’s still going lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

You can still go outside for exercise. Just like when the first lockdown happened in the spring fishing hunting ect isnt cancelled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm 
Walleye

hmm...
It's a tricky one. Because if we are honest with ourselves...trips to the lake aren't technically essential.
That being said, its exercise, its an outdoor activity...it's putting food on the plate if you are keeping.

If they do start handing out fines for people going ice fishing by themselves or with a buddy - I feel like there are going to be a lot of people fighting it.

It's difficult too - I work in the trades...the work I do is by no means essential - yet by the standards I am essential and I work around other trades people all the time. But then to say that fishing is a fineable offence would be nonsense IMO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 pm 
Guppy

https://www.ofah.org/covid19closures/
I was happy to find this from the OFAH. Let’s hope things don’t change.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:44 pm 
Walleye Catcher

muskyhunter wrote:
Anyone still taking the risk to go out? As of midnight Wednesday night, non essential travel not allowed. At least until February 11th anyone’s thoughts? Who’s still going lol.

Yup, i will be out for sure, if safe ice. When the Flu police show up, i tell them to beat it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:01 pm 
Walleye Fry

Frozenbassfan wrote:
https://www.ofah.org/covid19closures/
I was happy to find this from the OFAH. Let’s hope things don’t change.

Well damn that’s good to know here I thought the soft water was over!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm 
Walleye

Ice fishing is essential, you are gathering food. Not all get their's from box stores.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 pm 
Walleye

Wow...OPP laying down some stiff fines...

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/ice- ... ns-3253267

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 am 
Walleye

Had this exact discussion with my cousin after el fordo put the new rules in place.. I think as long as you are not crossing zones they will leave you be.. but then again what do we know just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:52 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Ice fishing being essential for exercise or food is a stretch. A great motivator for an enforcement type to meet you is to be testing the rules.
When you do tell them to go way, you just get to meet more of them.
The best part is months later, convincing a judge that, in the spirit of everyone staying home to stop the spread, sitting in a chair watching your pole, counts as exercise or putting food on the table.

Good luck and stay safe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 am 
Goby

Outdoor gatherings of 5 people are still allowed. If you are concerned travel separately and be sure to be 6 feet apart on the ice. If you share a hut, wear a mask. You are allowed to be outside just follow the rules that are in place and you should be fine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 am 
Site Admin

bigboybassy wrote:
Outdoor gatherings of 5 people are still allowed. If you are concerned travel separately and be sure to be 6 feet apart on the ice. If you share a hut, wear a mask. You are allowed to be outside just follow the rules that are in place and you should be fine

I agree completely. Additionally as mentioned earlier ice fishing does include exercise which is specifically mentioned. My hut, by the time I fill it is probably close to 100lbs. Walking in the ice pulling that is exercise I assure you. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 am 
Walleye

CrowMan wrote:
Wow...OPP laying down some stiff fines...

https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/ice- ... ns-3253267

COVID rules and their effectiveness aside, the fact that folks rat on their neighbours is the most troubling item in this and other stories of "enforcement."

Please stop playing into the hands of those who seek to divide us.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 am 
Walleye

LOL
Didn't we ride this merry go-round last spring, everybody is entitled to their opinion, that right is what my farther and grandpa fought for.
IMHO
bigboybassy has the closest to a logical response, even he closed with "Should be Fine".
Perhaps Ford will clarify in this afternoons press conference
Lets look at it from another direction.
ICU beds are filling up as we speak, hallway triage is a real possibility. Think of those waiting for operations getting delayed. My wife lost the vision in her left eye, last October was told she needed cataract surgery to save the vision in her right eye, no appointments for the initial assessment, they are still trying to catch up from last springs shut down. She is going blind as we wait.
As for me.
On Jan 4th I was told I should have major surgery this year, Covid/ICU Beds allowing, it's about the quality my of life and very much life threatening if untreated. If I do get surgery we have been told they are not booking people for short term care and there is a PSW shortage, there is no help in caring for my wife while I recuperate.
So instead of looking for loopholes whats wrong with following or exceeding the guidelines for the health and safety of your neighbour.
Last rant
IMHO there are 2 types of people, those that understand and try to be part of the solution and those that ignore the issue and become part of the problem.
Gamble with you health all you want but when your actions impact my families health I get angry.
Just one mans opinion and real life situation.

For those Covid deniers I heard Metro has a 2 for one sale on Aluminum foil so you can add another layer to your skull cap.
Dan
Sorry I couldn't resist a stab at humour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am 
Walleye Catcher

BWHDeseronto wrote:
LOL
Didn't we ride this merry go-round last spring, everybody is entitled to their opinion, that right is what my farther and grandpa fought for.
IMHO
bigboybassy has the closest to a logical response, even he closed with "Should be Fine".
Perhaps Ford will clarify in this afternoons press conference
Lets look at it from another direction.
ICU beds are filling up as we speak, hallway triage is a real possibility. Think of those waiting for operations getting delayed. My wife lost the vision in her left eye, last October was told she needed cataract surgery to save the vision in her right eye, no appointments for the initial assessment, they are still trying to catch up from last springs shut down. She is going blind as we wait.
As for me.
On Jan 4th I was told I should have major surgery this year, Covid/ICU Beds allowing, it's about the quality my of life and very much life threatening if untreated. If I do get surgery we have been told they are not booking people for short term care and there is a PSW shortage, there is no help in caring for my wife while I recuperate.
So instead of looking for loopholes whats wrong with following or exceeding the guidelines for the health and safety of your neighbour.
Last rant
IMHO there are 2 types of people, those that understand and try to be part of the solution and those that ignore the issue and become part of the problem.
Gamble with you health all you want but when your actions impact my families health I get angry.
Just one mans opinion and real life situation.

BHW please stop the rhetoric. When all you can do is spew what the news tells you, you have nothing to contribute that you thought up yourself. If you fear the flu, stay the F home and preach to your cat

Thanks Billy Dee for a logical post above. Maybe we can lock this thread or this will never end...

banner ad