Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 pm 
Walleye Fry

Biff try posting pics of fish or give us an update on wAter temps instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 pm 
Walleye Fry

Belleville police department waiting to hear back from OPP, it was more to inquire to see what they said or thought before making a “costly decision”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am 
Walleye

Under the new guidelines posted yesterday it looks like ice fishing is permitted..

[b]Outdoor activities

Downhill skiing, golf courses and outdoor driving ranges are closed to the public. Maintenance is allowed.

Cross-country skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling and dog sledding can stay open, as long as they follow public health requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:06 am 
Minnow

This is from CTV news online.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-addr ... -1.5264068

Can you go fishing for the day?

While the government has not provided specific guidance on fishing, it says that exercise is considered an essential reason for leaving your home.
“What that means will be unique to each individual Ontarian,” a government official said in an email.
The government suggests that Ontarians consult their local public health unit or municipality to understand what recreational amenities are open in their community.

That last line says it all. If you are local you should be good. If you're coming from a different health unit you could be slapped. I personally will be removing all branding from my vehicle that would point out that I'm NOT local. Police need probable cause to run your plate, don't speed, no accidents, park where you are allowed to do so and go fishing and follow the social distancing rules at all times!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 am 
Walleye

Quote:
Police need probable cause to run your plate,

Unfortunately, this is not the case. The OPP have a device that scans plates as they travel without the officer doing anything more than pointing the thing in the correct direction. Some cops I know in the big city, when they are looking for people or stolen vehicles will just cruse though a mall parking lot running plates. I guess it works quite often.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

According to Belleville Mayor today ice fishing is not forbidden as he stated on the Radio CJBQ this a.m. , However, he is discouraging ice fishing on the bay due to the lack of ice and the recent loss of a young angler out at Pt. Anne this past weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 am 
Minnow

Thanks for info Billy Dee.

Anyone with a black Silverado in Belleville wanna rent me a license plate for the parking lot? People are pimping out their dogs why not plates as well? lmao

banner ad