Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:50 pm 
Walleye

Launched at Waupoos Marina this morning. On the water at 6:00 AM. Left the house at 3:00 AM. Fished until noon. Caught one largemouth bass about 4 lbs. It was my largest bucket mouth ever. Caught at south-east corner of Smith's Bay in about 2 ft of water with a quad blade spinner-bait. Released it. Was after pike but none to be found. In fact, oher than the reeds there are virtually no more weed beds left in Smith's Bay. Zebra mussles must have cleaned them out. When my lures bounced off the bottom they almost always caught zebra mussles. Those things actually clamp themselves onto my lure's trebel hooks! Too bad they don't put up much of a fight because there are loads of them to be had. This will probably be the last time I go to Smith's Bay. If there are no more weeds, the pike will not be there. There used to be submerged weed beds and lots of pike. Could not find a submerged weed bed if my life depended on it. How on earth can we get rid of the zebra mussles? Does the MNR have any plans to deal with this infestation? Water is crystal clear, from what I understand game fish can't stand clear water. Anyone have any luck in another area of BOQ today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:39 am 
Walleye Angler

We got on the water a little after 6am in Brighton bay Sunday, we fished until about 2pm. The two of us landed 7 pike, probably lost 5 more. Largest was about 6 pounds. We were casting and trolling spoons mainly. Had our best luck on Williams wobblers in various colours. The water was like glass for most of the morning, there were lot’s of carp rolling and splashing on the surface for most of the morning, some big ones too. The west end of the bay was most productive. The weeds aren’t up too high yet which allowed us to troll without too much weed problems but they’ll be up very soon. We got drenched by a downpour around 11am that only lasted for about 15 minutes, then cleared up and the sun was out for the rest of the day. 2 of the pike I caught bit the moment the spoon hit the water when trolling, almost like they were in the water with their mouth open, like a right fielder catching a fly ball, gulp!

banner ad
banner ad