banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:19 pm 
Guppy

I'll put my boat in at a private residence the same as last year, fish with my daughter and my mental health will be very repowered after the trip. Will I be risking spreading covid and getting covid? Nope.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 am 
Guppy

I haven't heard the government mention anything about blocking boat ramps?
If people can go golfing which means going out of your zone to do so I don't see why fishing isn't any different.
Just my thoughts

joe wrote:
Looks like we are going to be on a stay at home order starting Thursday night. Same happened last year, with boat ramps blocked and closed until 8th May Belleville,
16th for Deseronto, Nappanee areas. The other possibility is they stay open, but imo, NOT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:37 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Just a couple of thoughts that I'll probably get beat up for.

At this point, it doesn't appear to be a Provincial closure of fishing. Local health units have the authority to implement closures and restrictions in their own areas.

We all need to stop Covid-19 spread. There is Covid-19 and three variants currently in Canada. The three variants are of particular concern because they are very transmissible and there's still no firm data on how effective the vaccines will be.

I don't think there's any harm in an individual fishing. The problem is when one does it, we all want to do it.

People from all over Ontario don't flock to Quinte to golf, they do for fishing. All the stops for gas, coffee, food, bait and everything else that goes with a fishing trip has huge potential for spread. Having your non immediate family fishing buddy in tow is a risk.

Everything you touch has potential for spread. Door handles, gas pumps, keys, your mask, everything.

People say I'm not making any stops therefore no risk. It's not necessarily that person, it's the others who follow.

Lax restrictions, vaccine, testing enforcement and public cooperation has brought us to the third wave of a deadly disease.

Covid is an insidious deadly disease that is merciless. Lots of victims have no idea how they got it. They didn't mean to infect their friends and family but it happens. The survivors regret not taking this disease seriously and encourage people not to make the same mistake.

The only way to stop the spread is to stop the movement and get vaccinated as soon as you can.

Covid in some form is going to be with us for a long time.

Putting fishing on pause, until the Covid numbers are lower and IUC's aren't being crushed is good for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

What he said! Well said Roblin. Perhaps we need less of the me, me, me mentality and look at the big picture?

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:48 pm 
Guppy

All I can say if the camp grounds are open for the opener to permanent seasonal campers I will be there to fish. Stay 6 feet from my boat and 6 feet from my trailer we all good I will do the same and with 13 months of mask wearing and hand sanitizer I am sure just like every other store open should also be just fine. No mask no entry (simple) Hell if you can stand shoulder to shoulder at a green house nursery and can walk parks less than six feet apart walking by each other I see no reason a guy can’t fish and stay in his own trailer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm 
Walleye

Red shad wrote:
What he said! Well said Roblin. Perhaps we need less of the me, me, me mentality and look at the big picture?

I understand where you are coming from Red Shad and Roblin made a lot of good points. But I have a hard time accepting that when you are opposed to lockdowns or in this case boat launch closures its because of selfishness and not understanding the big picture.
It all depends what demographic you are in I guess.

If you are in an age demographic that you are at an actual risk of this virus - you call for lockdowns and stricter measures because understandably, this thing is dangerous for you.

But with suicide on the rise, suicide hotlines receiving 200% more calls recently than compared to 2019, drug overdoses spiking, mental health issues, unemployment, people losing their life savings while their small businesses close and the list goes on and on...

The idea that you are selfish and all about "me, me, me" and not looking at the big picture is frankly naive.

I would argue that these lockdowns are causing more damage to society than actually benefiting society. And I'm not just talking about fishing, or money...because a life and death virus is obviously more important than those things but actually considering other long term implications.

There is a lot of division that is in society over this. It's not a simple issue. But let us not shut down having conversation with a person who has different views and think that they are being selfish but let us have grace and try to understand where they are coming from. It's been a hard year for people that have obviously been affected by this virus in losing family members and friends to this. It also has been hard for many other people in other areas of life as well that goes beyond fishing.

Lets just try to be understanding to others with differing views and give each other a little bit of grace.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 am 
Minnow

Hello, I haven't posted on this forum before, but have been a lurker for 2 years. Would love to share some info but I have terrible luck fishing, so it would be useless info haha.

Thanks hablover for putting that reply together, it resonates with my point of view. As we all know, there are a lot of fear tactics being deployed in the coverage of this virus. The media has solidly taken one point of view, and it shouldn't be expected to be everyone's point of view, much less the truth.

The question I have is, who would be showing the selfish behavior? Is it the person who goes out fishing, while following health guidelines, or the person who supports full lockdown until the case count is zero. Perhaps it's both, but as for myself I don't feel it's appropriate for people to support keeping everyone at home when the virus for most seems like it's a case of the sniffles.

I would love to see the government adopt a policy of if you are at risk or scared, feel free to isolate as long as you want. If you don't fit into these to categories, carry on as usual. Everyone has paid a heavy toll for over a year, we seems to be no better off, perhaps it's time to let nature do what's natural.

I wish my first post on this fishing forum hadn't been something political, but it's something I can add input about. As for fishing input, when I achieve some sort of success I'll be happy to share.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I totally agree with hablover and wherethefish?
There's a lot of one sidedness here, and more importantly with the media.

Start by laying the blame on our useless liberal government where it belongs... The vaccine rollout, the not shutting down the airports, the dependancy on other countries for almost everything!

People seem to forget, the Canadian media was bought and paid for by the liberals, so they spin it through the lefts eyes.

I know, I know... politics sucks and it shouldn't be on a fishing forum, I get it. But man... Canadians Need to talk about what's going on in this country.

Biff... don't go, always good to have different opinions and surely don't let other opinions knock you off the site.

The lockdowns are far more detrimental than the virus IMO. And where I work... I see it first hand!

Follow the recommendations, hand washing/sanitizing/6 feet apart/wear your mask - and properly I might add! (even if you disagree with wearing one, you wear it anyway for the respect of other people. There's a ton of people with extremely high anxiety right now.

My 2 cents

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:19 am 
Walleye Fry

Bottom line, do what works safely for you.
We have had 2 deaths due to covid in the Kingston area, 2. Both were in their 80's. How many hundreds of people have lost their jobs, spent their life savings trying to save their business and home? ODs are at all time highs, homeless people are becoming the norm. Sometimes the cure is worse then disease, and it is starting to look like government oversight and waffling back and forth on what to do is causing more harm then good.
If you have kids they and their children are going to be climbing out of this financial hole the government have put us in for the next 40 years, and the money train hasn't slowed down yet.
Do what works for you and your mental health and well-being, treat every day like it is your last. If you want to spend your last days staring out a window at grass growing or paint drying then do that, but do not tell me I have to do it as well.
John

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:51 pm 
Minnow

johnjyb wrote:
Bottom line, do what works safely for you.
We have had 2 deaths due to covid in the Kingston area, 2. Both were in their 80's. How many hundreds of people have lost their jobs, spent their life savings trying to save their business and home? ODs are at all time highs, homeless people are becoming the norm. Sometimes the cure is worse then disease, and it is starting to look like government oversight and waffling back and forth on what to do is causing more harm then good.
If you have kids they and their children are going to be climbing out of this financial hole the government have put us in for the next 40 years, and the money train hasn't slowed down yet.
Do what works for you and your mental health and well-being, treat every day like it is your last. If you want to spend your last days staring out a window at grass growing or paint drying then do that, but do not tell me I have to do it as well.
John

This ^^^^^^^^

Best statement on this thread... and it's not 40 years of severe indebtedness to come... more like 70-100 years! Poor kids coming up through this debt servitude..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 am 
Walleye Angler

I just love the precious little whackjobs going on and on about the phony fake hoax virus and all the conspiracy theories that rattle around it. Please keep in mind that the deniers are all graduates of virology, molecular biology and infectious diseases, trained at the very highest levels of post-secondary institutions.
Rest assured that the vaccine will not need to be administered to you due to your firm belief that Bill Gates will be able to track you or that the Jewish Space Lasers may target you.
There are more effective ways to counter this phony fake hoax virus. Witness the recommended use of hydroxychloroquine, sodium hypochlorite-based injections, rectally-inserted 12V ultraviolet lights and the now-banned Alex Jones Anti-COVID toothpaste. Don't forget to couple the above with Prayer.
Remember, all those people died just to make someone somewhere "look bad" and those hospitalized are faking it.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:25 am 
Minnow

mux - walleyes only wrote:
I just love the precious little whackjobs going on and on about the phony fake hoax virus....

Looks like you posted to the wrong thread there bud... not a single poster on this thread denied the existence of the virus. Some disagreed with the reaction of authorities and did so respectfully and constructively, bringing forward good discussion.

You, on the other hand, have resorted to name-calling and insults.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:55 am 
Minnow

I wonder if mux - walleyes only could keep his trolling fishing related? His post gives me the visual of someone foaming at the mouth whilst typing. Imagine being in a boat with him all day? Toxic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:10 am 
Walleye Angler

Nobody specifically was referenced on this thread or any other. I was merely poking fun at the ant-vaxer crowd and the COVID-deniers. Sarcasm truly is a lost language. Apologies to the sensitive and easily-offended. As an aside, I truly appreciate that eye-candy displayed in the new advertising on this page.
As far as Province-wide lockdowns go, this latest is a result of lax conformance to the previous lockdown whereby Easter gatherings, University Back-to-School parties and general disregard for previous lockdown parameters were ignored. Voila, new wave and new measures.
Vaccine rollout has been sporadic at best with mass vaccination sites being shut down due to supply issues. The US and EU have banned exports until such time as their own needs are met. As Canada doesn't produce, nor has invested since SARS and MERS into producing our own vaccines in-Country, we rely on foreign suppliers.
As to those that won't take the offered vaccine when their turns come up, think of this. Should you wish to spend time in the sun this Winter or next but the airline requires that you show proof of having received the vaccine to fly or if the destination Country requires proof and you don't have it......No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service.
I don't understand vaccine hesitancy, particularly when all have received DPTP at three months and perhaps a tetanus shot at some time in their lives.
As to fishing.....that's the least of our worries with our unemployment level and the financial consequences of nearly two years of constraint. The problem with debt is that when the music stops, not everybody gets a chair.
I don't like making a boat payment on a boat that sits in storage due to restrictions, but c'est la vie. We'll all live to fish another day.
My posting history has never been "toxic", nor was my post. If Dan thinks it's toxic, insulting or derogatory then he'll remove it. Simple.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:06 pm 
Walleye

With the opener just around the corner I do not think I will be allowed into my camp to launch. Not sure if the ramps in Belleville will be open. So looks like some shoreline fishing for me :) No big deal Not fishing won`t KILL me..

Do some math. Say the virus has been around since Jan last year. In Ontario the death count today stands at Seven thousand Six hundred and Ninety-eight. So approx 480 days. works out to 16 people a day dying. Every day for 480 days.

That`s 16 families grieving every day. I do not want to be one of those.

Regards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
banner ad