Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 am 
Walleye

Looks like we are going to be on a stay at home order starting Thursday night. Same happened last year, with boat ramps blocked and closed until 8th May Belleville,
16th for Deseronto, Nappanee areas. The other possibility is they stay open, but imo, NOT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:49 am 
Walleye Catcher

There is no such thing as a 'stay at home order'. Its a violation of your rights as a Canadian Citizen.

"Charter of Rights Section 6 - Mobility rights", give it a read, print it off, keep it with you, and go fishing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Missing the opener isn't the end of the world. Not being around to fish is real and final.

Hopefully everyone does their best to stay home, keep safe and get vaccinated. Good health and good luck to everyone who has to risk exposure.

If we do our best and with some luck, hopefully, we can put Covid behind us and everyone can have the freedom to enjoy everything they love to do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:49 am 
Walleye Angler

Biff...please stop it.
You're not telling us anything we don't all know.
I'm with Roblin...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:09 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Turk32 wrote:
Biff...please stop it.
You're not telling us anything we don't all know.
I'm with Roblin...

You covidiots will covidiot. This is exactly what Twitter and Facebook are doing, silencing anyone that differs from your opinion, unbelievable !

I have nothing left to offer this site, which is why i usually don't post anymore. This site is just a gang rather an open discussion forum.

And don't worry, i will delete my account.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

WTF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:15 pm 
Walleye Master

Our local covid idiot said the same thing last year and how did that work out? Guy's like that have never had the balls to be a small business owner and likely don't care.... They are the problem. Cancel culture has NO place in Canadian society...I have 10 grandkids that are getting f@Cked not being in school....shame on you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:59 pm 
Walleye

I understand that this is a complicated issue and we all have our opinions on this.
I work in the trades and haven't missed a week of work during this whole thing and really look forward to the weekends to get out fishing and the openers are always exciting.

It's just hard for me to come to the conclusion that I can work all week around 30 other trades guys and that is considered essential but launching a boat and going fishing with my 8 year old son is considered harmful and that I am being irresponsible.
And although fishing is not entirely essential to my wellbeing...it certainly is a big part of my mental health and probably many others on this board.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 pm 
Guppy

If Marinas can open why can’t boat launches? I don’t think we know definitively that launches will be closed. Some are already open.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:53 pm 
Walleye Angler

I guess it's the travelling from high number areas like the GTA etc, to low number areas like Napanee area that 'Stay home' is trying to discourage? Calling at gas stations, stores etc...spread potentially there...not at the boat ramp...But...you gotta get there....so, stay home applies...like it or not but it is what it is. Works for me. Inconvenient? Sure, but so would getting sick!

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:27 pm 
Walleye Master

if you're afraid of getting sick, stay the fook home!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Sorry, but we're with Roblin, Turk, et al.

We gotta TRY to knock this B*gger down for good!

Is it worth a measly four weeks to TRY? You betcha. Our opinion, anyway.

Rgds, Wordpecker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 am 
Walleye Master

It's not about taking sides. No one wants this. But the thing is, the world has been trying for over a year to get rid of it never mind a few weeks...
Not going fishing isn't going to make this go away. Wearing masks hasn't made this go away. Matter of fact it's only gotten worse since the vaccinations started.
By the logic stated this should have ended a long time ago. But it hasn't.
It's pretty simple really. Mother nature is way bigger than any of us and will do as she wants. She's done it before, she's doing it now and she will do it again. Call it black plague, AIDS, SARS, H1N1 or even invasive species. Doesn't matter, everytime we think we can control her right off the hop, she proves we can't. It takes time.
And for now, covid is here and no one likes it. Nothing changes that. Fighting amongst ourselves certainly doesn't help. What we can do is start using our own common sense and learn to live with it. Until the next thing comes along.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:58 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Maybe someone should start an Air B&B option to rent lake ramp access at private homes and cottages. There are thousands of private ramps on the Bay of Quinte. The lockdowns are only affect city or provincially owned lake access. Is that right? BATMAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

BATMAN wrote:
Maybe someone should start an Air B&B option to rent lake ramp access at private homes and cottages. There are thousands of private ramps on the Bay of Quinte. The lockdowns are only affect city or provincially owned lake access. Is that right? BATMAN

I don't know about that. I'm in Elginburg and last shutdown a private ramp owner up the road (actually is in City of Kingston) was told if he was caught letting people use his privately owned ramp he would be fined. He blocked it off with cement barriers. That's Kingston though.

banner ad