Resorts
Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Covid-19 update KFL&A
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

If decide to wander, it's out there and it's the variants of concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K2Tp2IJhRs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:50 pm 
Walleye Catcher

No need to wander...went to one of our boat launches today and there was a truck with Toronto plates. Not the first time i have seen that truck but we are in a "stay at home order"

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Jim Lyon wrote:
No need to wander...went to one of our boat launches today and there was a truck with Toronto plates. Not the first time i have seen that truck but we are in a "stay at home order"

TORONTO PLATES? last I looked, Toronto had the same Ontario plates that the rest of Ontario has. Was it the plate surround? If so, many people go to Toronto to buy their vehicles because you can save thousands by making the trip and every dealer likes to advertise .

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 am 
Walleye Catcher

cannitro482 wrote:
Jim Lyon wrote:

TORONTO PLATES? last I looked, Toronto had the same Ontario plates that the rest of Ontario has. Was it the plate surround? If so, many people go to Toronto to buy their vehicles because you can save thousands by making the trip and every dealer likes to advertise .

I figured i would get a reply like this, i know who the angler was and in fact chatted with him previously he is from Toronto. I was trying to be diplomatic.At this time he should not have been here.with the early Bass season there are a lot of anglers coming here to fish. Last year our ramps got locked and it was mainly because of "tourist anglers". It was an over reaction but it happened.

YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 am 
Walleye Angler

Yea, it's called the me, me me mentality....never fails.

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 am 
Walleye

Just my 2 cents on this...

If you look at the data for infections with COVID, it is clear that nothing, not lock downs, not social distancing, not mask wearing, nothing has curbed the spread of the virus. If any of this had been effective, we wouldn't be facing another spring of cancelled this and locked down that, and yet, here we are. Moreover, as evidenced by the comments on this board about the virus, politicians and the media have succeeded in creating a division among the population over the virus.

Transmission of COVID is no ones "fault." One way or another, at one time or another it is going to pass through the entire population of Canada. All indications are that it is going to be with us for a long time. In our society of "universal health care" it is clear that those who control the system were wildly unprepared for COVID, which given history is a very reasonably foreseeable event and have failed, refused or neglected to respond in even a remotely reasonable way.

The way I see it is, Ford and Tr**eau saying "we're imposing these restrictions because you don't comply" is like shaking your keys to distract a child who is on the verge of crying. The politicos and their media wind bags are saying "Don't look at how poorly we are reacting to this, or how poorly you citizens are protected by the "free health care" system in this country... Look over here! This person had 6 people in their yard rather than 5! And a violent protest doesn't spread COVID but a limited access church service does." Divide and conquer in full effect.

Remember "2 weeks to flatten the curve?" In that statement is a hidden reality that there is nothing we can do to stop this virus and all we can hope for is to not overwhelm the heath care system. They just didn't want to admit it right away and the rhetoric moved from "flatten the curve" to "fight the spread" in order to set up the COVID division we now see. They are actually encouraging us to rat out and snitch on our neighbours. Remember when Tr**eau bashed Harper for terrorism snitch lines? How is this any different? Hypocrisy at its worst.

If we are too busy arguing among ourselves very few are paying attention to what our "leaders" are really doing.

Thank you,
Billy.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm 
Guppy

good summary Billy Dee.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Billy...I get the frustration but i have to respectively disagree about the "masks not working" look at the number of people with flu or colds this year, very very few. It's when we let our guard down the numbers spike and now with all the varients it really hasn't helped. I follow the new case count in Kingston and every time we do the lockdown thing the cases go down (Having the students go home hasn't hurt either) it is dissapointing that a year in we are in worse shape. Remember nothing of this scale has hit world wide so there is a degree of trial and error.The savior will be the vaccines, along with the other prevention measures. It has been a tough year. Stay safe

YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm 
Walleye Master

Is it the masks that have lowered the flu and colds? Or is it the new level of cleanliness and awareness that has done that?
Gas pump handles, store door handles, shopping cart handles, kitchens, utensils etc... are all sanitized now on a regular basis instead of building up bacteria like they used to for everyone to grab onto. Washing food and hands before you eat and washing after using the bathroom have been greatly improved. To me this is the reason colds and flu are way down.

Thing is, all that should have been the norm before all this started. Wearing a mask only puts your hands in your face more often to constantly adjust them. Luckily washing hands is more common now.
If one thing comes out of all of this is, I hope this new level of clean and awareness remains part of our everyday norm.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yes, sure it all contributes. In the main, it's the interaction between people that spreads the virus...hence the stay home orders, etc.

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:25 pm 
Walleye Catcher

adventure wrote:
Is it the masks that have lowered the flu and colds? Or is it the new level of cleanliness and awareness that has done that?
Gas pump handles, store door handles, shopping cart handles, kitchens, utensils etc... are all sanitized now on a regular basis instead of building up bacteria like they used to for everyone to grab onto. Washing food and hands before you eat and washing after using the bathroom have been greatly improved. To me this is the reason colds and flu are way down.

Thing is, all that should have been the norm before all this started. Wearing a mask only puts your hands in your face more often to constantly adjust them. Luckily washing hands is more common now.
If one thing comes out of all of this is, I hope this new level of clean and awareness remains part of our everyday norm.

I agree with these points about the cleanliness,I have a friend that doesn't like to eat out, when he does he brings his own utensils. He say\s eating out is the most dangerous thing health wise we do.

YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:23 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I don't think there's any doubt that proper used of masks, sanitizer and distancing greatly reduce the spread of any virus.

The fact that our health care workers are constantly exposed to disease and survive is proof of that.

People not complying or being inconsistent with safe practices is a big problem.

Most people, myself included make mistakes. It's so easy. I watch people how people use their masks and almost everyone is cross contaminating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Ca2ay7cB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQEuuv9R6E

If you can, avoid or limit your exposure.

Keep well

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:53 am 
Walleye Angler

I agree with most of these statements but one of the biggest contributors to the spread has been the countless flights coming and going at airports from hot zones around the world. I have been patient and abiding by all the rules yet there is little to no accountability to all those travelling in and out of our country. You can ask them to self isolate and stay in a hotel etc. But let’s be honest we can’t and don’t have the resources to police this and in my opinion those of us who have done as asked are starting to lose pacience with what’s going on in this area as these variants didn’t blow over here in the wind they are brought over by travellers who have in my opinion ill regard for their fellow citizens. I am happy the powers to be have finally changed this as of yesterday but honestly your to late! This latest variant from India has arrived and will spread just as the others have putting more strain on our poor health care workers. Just look at what’s going on right now. Snow birds are now migrating back home using whatever means is at their disposal to re enter Canada and what do we do? Ask them to please quarantine? Most got their vaccines in the states and now feel invincible but will still carry and bring it back into Canada to spread to their neighborhoods! Right now our governments have lost control on reality and that is sad. I don’t think staying within my health unit KFLA taking my boat down the road and attempting to launch it and go out for the day on my own is hurting anyone and as soon as the idiots put some water back in Lake Ontario I will do so. Wow I feel better already!

Stay safe

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:03 am 
Guppy

Ummmm......maybe the guy with the Toronto plates has already been vaccinated.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:59 pm 
Walleye

Ummm... anybody who has been vaccinated can still transmit to others. Ffs

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
banner ad