Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Picton Boat Launch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:48 pm 
Goby

I am sure I am late to the party but just wanted to share my experience today. I purchased an annual boat launch pass from PEC earlier this year. I was putting my boat in at the Picton launch today to find out from the attendant the county has leased the Picton launch to a third party. So I had to buy a second annual launch pass as the County pass does not cover this particular launch. Is it me or are things getting a little out of control down here in the County?

Patty O

Post subject: Re: Picton Boat Launch
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 am 
Walleye Wisdom

That sound pretty confusing. If the County wasn't clear about that when they sold a season pass, and that's the only launch you use, they should offer a refund.

The County was a nice place when life was simple.

We use to go to the County for a quite weekend drive and an ice cream. Now we avoid it.

Too bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:42 am 
Walleye Wisdom

This is posted on there web site "Rates & Fees
2021 Rates & Fees TBA"

The Picton Marina is managed by a third party. As such, The County’s seasonal boat launch pass is not valid at this location.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:42 pm 
Goby

The County didn’t update there website until June 1st long after I had already purchased my pass. I guess my point is the system is pretty confusing. As a life long resident and tax payer of PEC I get frustrated when my tax dollars and PEC launch pass don’t give me access to the boat launch in downtown Picton. Instead I have to pay a third party another fee to access the bay that I grew up fishing. More tax for residents with a different name I guess. All my complaining aside, I was happy to spend the day on the water with my family. Lots of perch and only 1 small eye.

Cheers,
Patty O

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:35 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Just a big money grab, they changed it from launching fees to parking fees also, just to get money from people that shore fish.

Municipal Boat Launches
UPDATE: All municipal boat launches are open unless stated otherwise below. We are accepting only cash payment for the $20 launch fee at this time. As of June 1, The County’s boat launches will transition to a pay-for-parking system, rather than pay to launch. Payment will be through the Mackay Pay app.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:50 pm 
Walleye Master

welcome to diversity and systematic environmental racism, brothers.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:52 pm 
Minnow

I'm still really confused to be honest. I usually launch out of the big island launch but from what I can tell there's no seasonal option for that. $20 "parking" fee each time for those of us who might use it 20 times+ in a season is nuts so we just 'forget' to pay from time to time but it sure would be nice to have one easy to understand rule for the launches and a seasonal option for those that use them a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 am 
Walleye

tbayboy wrote:
I'm still really confused to be honest. I usually launch out of the big island launch but from what I can tell there's no seasonal option for that. $20 "parking" fee each time for those of us who might use it 20 times+ in a season is nuts so we just 'forget' to pay from time to time but it sure would be nice to have one easy to understand rule for the launches and a seasonal option for those that use them a lot.

Season pass covers all county launches. They are charging people this year that forget to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:28 am 
Walleye

[quote="tbayboy"]I'm still really confused to be honest. I usually launch out of the big island launch but from what I can tell there's no seasonal option for that. $20 "parking" fee each time for those of us who might use it 20 times+ in a season is nuts so we just 'forget' to pay from time to time but it sure would be nice to have one easy to understand rule for the launches and a seasonal option for those that use them a lot.[/qu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:00 am 
Minnow

Thanks Fisher, the site seems much clearer now (https://www.thecounty.ca/residents/serv ... -launches/)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:06 am 
Baitfish

Fisher18 wrote:
tbayboy wrote:

Season pass covers all county launches. They are charging people this year that forget to pay.

How can they tell if someone has forgotten to pay? The Wellers launch for example just has a little box that you drop $10 in. Maybe I'll pay on my way out; maybe I put $20 in last time because i didnt have a ten. Maybe they can start enforcing things like people using launches to swim. I'm getting tired of dodging tourists in Brighton and Wellington who are having picnics on the dock with their entire extended family while I'm trying to dock my boat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:21 am 
Walleye

Broadside wrote:
Fisher18 wrote:
tbayboy wrote:

How can they tell if someone has forgotten to pay? The Wellers launch for example just has a little box that you drop $10 in. Maybe I'll pay on my way out; maybe I put $20 in last time because i didnt have a ten. Maybe they can start enforcing things like people using launches to swim. I'm getting tired of dodging tourists in Brighton and Wellington who are having picnics on the dock with their entire extended family while I'm trying to dock my boat.

It is 20 dollars to launch not 10. Supposed to pay with some app on your phone or get a season pass which goes on your dash. Security is checking the little box for your cash!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:47 am 
Baitfish

20$ to launch ? what a bargain

Post subject: Picton Boat Launch
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 pm 
Walleye Master

Fisher18 wrote:
Broadside wrote:
Fisher18 wrote:
[quote="tbayboy"]I'm still really confused to be honest. I usually launch out of the big island launch but from what I can tell there's no seasonal option for that. $20 "parking" fee each time for those of us who might use it 20 times+ in a season is nuts so we just 'forget' to pay from time to time but it sure would be nice to have one easy to understand rule for the launches and a seasonal option for those that use them a lot.

It is 20 dollars to launch not 10. Supposed to pay with some app on your phone or get a season pass which goes on your dash. Security is checking the little box for your cash![/quote]

Correct, other than picton, it is 20$ to park/launch. You pay via the MacKay pay app or website. Each launch has its own unique code and the security have access to which license plates have been registered when paying. I was at kleinstubers on west lake on Thursday when security was checking. There were 2 vehicles with tickets that I saw.

Picton has staff taking the money at the dock. Or atleast they did In May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad