Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: more smallies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:34 am 
Site Admin

With the low winds forecasted for the day couldn't say no to fishing the big lake. Ed and I launched out off Collins Bay. Luv when people park their cars right in front of the no parking sign near the ramp in the exact spot where you need to turn around so that you can back down, hence the no parking sign SMH. We found lots of fish shallow. Throwing a bit of everything jerkbaits, spinnerbaits,spybaits, drop shots and tubes. Lots of fun with seeing fish follow then slam your bait. Biggest on the day was 5.8lbs water temp was 65-67.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: more smallies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:21 am 
Walleye Angler

WOW....my dream !! Congrats on a great day !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:47 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Dan, The Collins Bay ramp is famous for PWC guys that park their vehicle and trailer on the ramp and then go for a 30 minute boat ramp. The ramp parking can also fill up on a weekend blocking your ability to drive down and turn around. Sometime you need to back your boat in all the way from Bath road. Then you need park your tuck and trailer at the church. Have fun. BATMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:16 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Run into that ramp problem at almost all unregulated ramps. My best one this year was at Crowe Bay where a person parked on the ramp top and was pulling his trailer sideways by hand so that at least part of it was on the grass. Approached the man that was doing it and explained to him just how hard he was making it for all others. He stated no-where to park, told him no there is room for 3 or 4 more just that he would need to park at the end about 300 to 400 feet away. He moved his truck and trailer. While waiting for him to get back his wife or partner starts on me for having a bad attitude and that I was being a terrible person. I told her that I did not understand why she felt that way because MY Bad Attitude is only present with rude and obnoxious people and she was the only person to point it out. The man returned to the ramp area, I thanked him for moving his truck and trailer. He looked at me and said Thanks for making him move his truck and trailer and wished that more people would do the same. At that time I told them to have a great day and catch fish, his partner just about crapped herself that the gentleman and I were talking and wishing each other well.

Last edited by Fry Flier on Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

I live five minutes from the ramp and had enough last year and called the police. They couldn’t of been happier to call the tow trucks and took two vehicles away one with a trailer. The officer lived down the road and was an angler who understood the frustration. Neither of these vehicles were on the dock fishing which makes it worse that fellow anglers could be so disrespectful. The trailers parked there could not of backed up when they got back because of these vehicles and we and everyone else trying to launch were frustrated by their ignorance!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:37 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Man, are we EVER glad to have missed THAT!!

You need to be congratulated for not losing your Cool, Bro.

Warm hugs, Wordpecker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:15 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Awesome fish, Dan!!!

I won't get into a big rant again about this launch but suggest calling By-Law but reading that the Police may be more effective, that's the route I'll be taking now.

...hate the thoughts about bad karma in doing so but something needs to be done.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am 
Site Admin

A couple things would help at this ramp. One fix is to widen the area at the bottom right to give vehicles a wider turning radius and the other (expensive) is to pave the bottom portion so that lines could be painted showing where the turn around zone is with extra yellow lines marking it off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:28 am 
Walleye Wisdom

They had a "limited budget" when I discussed those changes with them and needed to have the wharf done for liability reasons so that took most of the money.

Even better signage and monitoring would help and make this a vehicle with trailers only parking area.