Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:17 am 
Walleye

For us, It was a slow weekend on the Bay of Quinte with us only landing one fish each day.

I arrived with a buddy Saturday Morning about 7am. Launched in Picton and traveled to Adolphus Reach. Trolled around the lighthouse, Bat Cave ect.. with no action. Eventually started working our way towards the Gap. At 2:15 pm, just west of Pryners's Cove, finally we had some action.

This Pickerel weighed in at 3 pounds and was caught on a Olive Ghost Deep Husky Jerk with 150 feet of line behind the planer board and a 1 1/2 ounce snap weight ahead of the lure in 155 feet of water.

We trolled until about 4 pm and then packed up and headed back to Picton.

Sunday we arrive about 7:00 am and headed out. We started fishing just west of the light house but decided just to troll straight towards the gap right away. At 10:40 am, just west of Pryner's cove a planer board was indicating a fish.

This Pickerel weighed in at 3 pounds, 9 ounces and was caught on a on a Deep Tail Dancer 11, Purple Clown Flash with 150 feet of line behind the planer board and a 2 ounce snap weight 50 feet ahead of the lure in 150 feet of water.

We trolled to the gap and turned around and trolled back to the Bat Cave and at 3:30 we packed up and headed back to the launch in Picton.

It was a little breezy on Saturday and less so on Sunday but the wind was from the south so it was pretty comfortable. Especially on Sunday as the sun shone most of the day.

We didn't catch many fish and we didn't find any big fish but we had fun anyway.

Tight Lines!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Great report...thanks for sharing.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:33 pm 
Walleye

I forgot to mention that the surface Temperature in Adolphus Reach out to the Gap was 54 degrees. Surprisingly warm for the 3rd week of November.

Also, on Saturday Afternoon, a fisherman at the dock reported that Hay Bay was hot Saturday morning and word was that some boats were limiting out in a few hours. He reported a skunk for himself but said Hay Bay was packed with boats. Now far be it for a fisherman to exaggerate. lol I never really know how much to believe the dock talk. I went back to Adolphus on Sunday because I wanted to fish 4 lines instead of two. I'll never know if I missed out on the "Hay Bay's on fire" last weekend, but I'm okay with that! I had fun anyway!

Tight lines!

banner ad
banner ad