Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: December 5th Report
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well after motor issues a couple weeks ago that cut my 2 day Quinte trip short, I have been itching to get back out for Quinte gold. Sunday morning winds looked good and my buddy Brian was keen on some prospecting for gold so we headed out Sunday morning in search of a 10 pound Quinte eye for my buddy.

We marked a bunch of deep fish right off the bat but it took us awhile to find some active fish higher up in the water that wanted to play, but eventually one of our outside boards takes a hit and starts to drop back... FISH ON!! The guests on my boat alway get first fish (a policy that might change, lol) so Brian was up and shortly after we land a nice 9 pound Quinte walleye!!! Not the 10 pounder we were looking for but a nice fish.

After releasing the fish we set up and continue our search a long whole later, we get another hit... my turn.... unfortunately no monster, but a nice 5 pounder.

We reset and within minutes the same setup takes another hit... fish number 3 is on and Brian is up, once I get the planer board off we can tell this is a big fish... hoping we can get Brian his 10 pounder, but not wanting to be too optimist, I figure it is a big sheephead. The fish stays down until it is right at the back of the boat... BIG wallleye!!! ..... and in the net!!! The biggest walleye I have personally seen fishing Quinte and Lake Erie for 12 or so years, my PB is 12.5 pounds.

We quickly get it unhooked as I wanted to get it in the water asap. I forgot my bump board and could not find where I put the tape measure so a few quick pictures and I had my scale in my pocket so did get a pretty accurate weight on the beast. We then get her back in the water... hold her for a minute or so and back down she went no problem!!

We were in shock the rest of the day, we did get some more walleye in the 4 to 6 pound range, but nothing close to the hawg from earlier in the day.

These were our top producing lures of the day.

Quinte can be a love hate relationship.... but when the Bay and the walleye cooperate it is all love!!!

Not sure if I will get out again before the ice, but if not that fish will keep me satisfied for awhile.

Tight lines and be safe out there.

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

Post subject: Re: December 5th Report
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:37 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Thanks for sharing your trip and the fish caught. Looks like the Reach is back in business.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
 Post subject: December 5th Report
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:40 pm 
Walleye

Great fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:05 pm 
Walleye

Thanks Jim for the great report, pictures and all the details. It's always nice to read a good news story. I'm even a little envious at your success as I didn't do so well at the catching this year but you have given me hope for next year. Definitely some nice looking fish there and I love that you included pictures of your most successful lures. There will be a run on those at the fishing store if people can figure out what they are. lol Anyway, Well done and thanks again for the great report!

Cheers!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:48 pm 
Walleye

Good for you , a 14.7 is an amazing fish.
Thanks for sharing and posting an amazing picture.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Great report Jim! fantastic fish .. Im envious it s been a long time since I hoisted a fish that big in the boat.

banner ad
banner ad