Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: tough weekend
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

I only managed to get out 2 times and except for jumbo perch , skunked. The fish I had been getting have developed a severe case of lock jaw. Marked a dozen really good marks and one actually bit but missed it. A big thanks to the guys who helped me lift my sled onto the trailer in the parking lot after making it off the ice with a severve case of the bogs. Took off the carbs and found the main jet on one had a piece of grit blocking it. She is running as snappy as ever now. Had a chance to pay it forward the next day when an angler in the parking lot asked me if I had a spare belt and then pointed to his sled a few hundred yards off shore with the hood up. I did and he was good to go. He returned the belt once his buddy who was driving from out of town to bring him one made it there. Anyways the fishing... hopefully they decide to eat soon.

Post subject: Re: tough weekend
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:47 pm 
Guppy

Glad I wasn’t the only one I managed one perch. Right around dark I had some nice marks come by for a peak but no takers

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:14 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

No weekend just a few hours on Saturday afternoon/late day. You did better than I did. I went out from George stayed about 100 yards in from the red buoy, marked a few likely perch with one up in the column about 7 feet below the ice. Whatever the mid-column visitor was I have no idea, hung around for 5-6 minutes I figure.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:50 pm 
Goby

Not sure what you were using? but we headed out both Saturday and Sunday morning , ventured off point Ann launch and got into only 14.5ft deep , lines were in around 6 am both days , limited out both mornings, Sunday morning was better with myself catching 9 walleye , biggest was about 5 pounds and let 5 go that were around 8-10 inches long .
Silver and white slender spoon was the ticket, double minnow head
Only fished till 9 then the perch moved in and we packed up .
The bite was fast and furious , after landing the 5 pounder I dropped my spare rod down with the same lure WITHOUT any minnows , caught 4 one right after the other all without putting a minnow on , as we were reeling the fish up it seemed as if the other walleye hanging around were following the fish up I had hooked , was a nice change to the terrible season I’m having !

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:41 pm 
Baitfish

You're giving me hope! Glad you got a few.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:30 am 
Walleye Fry

YoungGun24 wrote:
Not sure what you were using? but we headed out both Saturday and Sunday morning , ventured off point Ann launch and got into only 14.5ft deep , lines were in around 6 am both days , limited out both mornings, Sunday morning was better with myself catching 9 walleye , biggest was about 5 pounds and let 5 go that were around 8-10 inches long .
Silver and white slender spoon was the ticket, double minnow head
Only fished till 9 then the perch moved in and we packed up .
The bite was fast and furious , after landing the 5 pounder I dropped my spare rod down with the same lure WITHOUT any minnows , caught 4 one right after the other all without putting a minnow on , as we were reeling the fish up it seemed as if the other walleye hanging around were following the fish up I had hooked , was a nice change to the terrible season I’m having !

We were off Point Anne all weekend. We fished from 13-20 feet of water different times. I had a camera down the whole time and did not see a single walleye. We also never marked any on the sonars. We also tried all of the popular lures in silver, gold, chartreuse etc.

If you ever want to show me how it is done, I will make the 3 hour drive again. Cheers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

We were out Saturday, off Desi ramp in 23' from 7-11.

Caught 6-8 big perch and maybe had a walleye mark but no interest.

Threw everything we had down.

Quinte sure has been a tough one this year for us on ice. Still have yet to catch a walleye on BOQ, but thankfully have had limited success in back lakes, where I fish a lot more often.

Come on soft water! :-)

Cheers

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:11 pm 
Goby

KennyT - I’m always willing to share my spots and help a fellow angler out , friends of mine fished close to the red bouy off trident point (east of point Ann launch) and caught even more walleye then us Saturday and Sunday , I will keep you posted if we plan on going out again on the weekend , more then welcome to join us !

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

I have always found the fishing is best first ice then gradually declines as the winter wears on. Most of this winter I have been catchiung fish and primarily in the 17-19ft range but as per usual this time of year the fishing changes. Congrats to those who got on them. This coming weekend im going to go look for some greasers and spend some time on the bay.

banner ad
banner ad