Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:58 am 
Goby

Good morning all,

I have a couple of questions for the fishing community:

1. Can you please let me know a few shore fishing spots around Belleville? Let's say on a radius of 20-25kms. I collected a couple of names, but I would appreciate more local knowledge.

2. I'd like to buy a small used boat (14-16ft), made after 2000, same for motor and trailer. Are there any other places I can look at (apart from Kijiji)? Do you know anyone who wants to sell their boat? Is there a marine surveyor in this area I could contact?

Your insights and advice will be much appreciated!

Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:15 am 
Perch

For the boat, if you are looking at a little tinner with a tiller setup I honestly don't think it matters how old it is, it matters what condition its in. A 2008 14' tinner that has had the crap kicked out of it will be a way worse buy then a 1990 springbok that only ever went out once or twice a season for spring trout in a back lake. A marine surveyor for a tinny doesn't make much sense in my opinion. It's pretty easy to just look the boat over yourself, and ask to see it floating if possible. If it doesn't leak and isn't all banged up you've done everything a surveyor is going to do for a little boat like that.

The motor choice is where the age can be more important. I'm a fan of 4-strokes where possible and if you aren't that mechanically inclined, stick to "everyday" brands like a Mercury, Yamaha, Honda, etc.

If you can stretch the budget, I'd recommend looking for a deep and wide 14 or 16. Makes it way nicer/safer out on the bay and on nice days you can even stray out into the big lake if you want.