Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Integrity
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:42 pm 
Walleye Catcher

It always puzzles me when i am out fishing and see a boat running extra rods. Today i am out and i see one boat that must not have seen me because when he did he reeled in the 2 extra rods real quick. Last year i had a well known site member go by me with extra rods and all credibility they had as an angler goes out the door. Does catching a fish really matter that much? I tell my son's it takes a long time to build your name don't lose it doing something meaningless. I can't imagine i am alone in this thinking

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

Post subject: Re: Integrity
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:32 pm 
Walleye Fry

I’ve seen guys running two lines they shouldn’t have. If they get caught big trouble but realistically there’s isn’t much water presence fro the MNR to enforce it. So I guess it’s legal unless you get caught.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have seen that once on Loughborough lake. It was a guy who lives on the lake. I passed by him and asked how he was doing. Then asked why he can use two lines and I can't. He didn't reply and soon headed home.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:23 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Today - Sunday July 17 - we saw the RCMP Boat out for the first time in ages!!

North Shore of PEC, around mid-day. They went past our place (just West of the mainland Water Tower)
then bee-lined into the shore about five properties further along. Dunno what was going on from there, but we often see a lot of bass boats hunting along the Docks.

Rgds, Wordpecker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:02 am 
Walleye

See it all the time, multiple rods, ignore the slot and limit. Then there's the throw your trash in the water, poor boat ramp etiquette, and my favourite, getting buzzed by some one doing 60MPH.

Baahhhh, sigh...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:31 am 
Walleye

Some water bodies you can fish 2 lines. Guess it depends where you seen this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:41 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Fisher18 wrote:
Some water bodies you can fish 2 lines. Guess it depends where you seen this.

Jim Lyon wrote:
Today i am out and i see one boat that must not have seen me because when he did he reeled in the 2 extra rods real quick.

Integrity starts at the tree, unfortunately not all trees where planted in good soil. I have fished and hunted for a good number of years and it really does throw me for a loop to see how many people do not bend but break and shatter the rules. I am a lone fisher for the most part except for my family who I have groomed into and hope to remain ethical fisher people. I sold my guns approximately 15 years ago for the same type of behavior within the hunting groups. Had some good hunting friends and similar things would pop up( a friends tag, maybe not quite light enough in the morning or a little too late in the evening, and more. The straw that broke this camel's back was (rumored) one of our hunting group was hunting with a family gun that was brought into the camp by a brother so that his Gun and weapons band for that brother would not be found out by a few in the group, me being one of them not to be told. Four of the camp owners and all family knew this and the band had (rumored) been in place for the 3 years prior that I was hunting with them. Left the camp, sold my guns, kept my bow, and hunt alone. Do not have to worry about the other guy in the camp or the person in the boat with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:44 am 
Walleye

KHynes wrote:
and my favourite, getting buzzed by some one doing 60MPH.

Baahhhh, sigh...

I hate this as well. Almost as much as I hate having to come down off of plane because someone is trolling in the boating channel. If they move off as I pass, they get upset and yell "Slow Down!!" Well, the old boat doesn't go that fast anyhow, but how about you fish outside of the areas that are specifically designated as for boat traffic? Baffling entitlement out there.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:56 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

muskyhunter wrote:
I’ve seen guys running two lines they shouldn’t have. If they get caught big trouble but realistically there’s isn’t much water presence fro the MNR to enforce it. So I guess it’s legal unless you get caught.

Being illegal only if getting caught ..... well I guess I can keep a 25" musky if I can make it out to the Larry or Stoco today, never mind I will hit the local water in area 17 and get me some 23" wally's.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but integrity has nothing to do with getting caught by MNR or Police or the wife.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:22 pm 
Walleye

Fry Flier
You got it right! In my book
"Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching"

banner ad