Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:19 am 
Walleye Angler

As rude and self serving as it sounds this type of sentiment is becoming the norm not the exception.
With people moving out of cities into seasonal cottages they converted into year round residents there is a sense of ownership that is brought with them.
Some good but a lot bad.
Recent articles in the newspapers (I use that word begrudgingly these days) are focusing more on what is a dangerous trend. Total ownership of lakes rivers and Waterways.
Take the push by Parks Canada to "regulate and event " that is held in or on the shores of the Rideau River System. Any event must get approved by Parks Canada, be it a fishing trip by two or more people or a kids birthday party at the cottage on the shoreline. You must pay $260 for a permit. Non-profit organization may get the fee reduced to $50 if Parks Canada decides.
All of that because of a cottage owner on Neuborough Lake who donated a substantial amount to the liberal party. The word from a reliable source is that it was north of the oe million mark. Sounds like the one million that ended the spring bear hunt in Ontario under the PC party. Makes one wonder what else is or has been for sale.
Back to today an article in the Ottawa paper... is suggesting restrictions on tournaments (which will include two or more boats weighing in their catch as this would progress). Point noted but in our region backlakes may have 6 to 8 events a year. Compare to the pressures of the southern lakes which fish year round and we are negligible.
There is another push to limit the already short season. (It starts with bass and will lead to all fishing as we so often see) The push is to have bass start in end of first week of July in warm waters and the end of July in colder lakes.
I can go on but it would be best if you read the article.
Rant as you might but remember that only those with big bucks can be heard in our government .

https://www.insideottawavalley.com/news ... d-philipp/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

Lake Ontario and all tributaries are mine. G’way.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

Mux’s Lake. Buy my product or you’re banned. I’m serious.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:58 am 
Site Admin

About the fishing reg changes, there is also a school of thought emerging that would see more spawning ground sanctuaries areas identified and make them off limits to all fishing for specific time periods and increase fishing opportunities with longer open seasons. Apparently with covid during the lockdowns fishing pressure plunged and spawning success went way up so Biologists are going to trial some very different types of regulations on specific water bodies to see if they can mimic the same success of spawning during the lockdowns

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:57 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I'm on a a very large lake that has banded shore fishing at all private Marinas within the last couple years. There is only one free public launch left that allows public shore fishing. It is one heck of a crowded dock. Not sure how this happens, but is very unfair. There was a questionnaire that was circulated. I was against banning the shore fishing. Maybe I was the only one. It got approved. Who approves such things. The provincial government ?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:29 pm 
Walleye

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQnHQSISI-U

banner ad
banner ad