Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

I launched around 9:30 this morning and was met by a guy by the name of Joe who claimed to be running the Marina. He went over and checked the cash box for launching fees and came up with fees from a few but there were about 12 truck/ trailers that had already launched and parked. He wasnt happy and said the guys arent paying as they should be and he was sick of it and was going consider closing the ramp. He said he has cameras mounted and is considering towing the repeat offenders. It would be a shame to loose use of that launch. I will say Im guilty of not paying once in a while but will make the effort cause the 15 bucks i pay will save me more in gas and time having to launch in Bath or Glenora..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:56 pm 
Walleye

DanElliot wrote:
I launched around 9:30 this morning and was met by a guy by the name of Joe who claimed to be running the Marina. He went over and checked the cash box for launching fees and came up with fees from a few but there were about 12 truck/ trailers that had already launched and parked. He wasnt happy and said the guys arent paying as they should be and he was sick of it and was going consider closing the ramp. He said he has cameras mounted and is considering towing the repeat offenders. It would be a shame to loose use of that launch. I will say Im guilty of not paying once in a while but will make the effort cause the 15 bucks i pay will save me more in gas and time having to launch in Bath or Glenora..

Why are you guilty of not paying once in awhile? You know it is 15 bucks before you go there. You can pay cash or debit if the store is open or do it online? I have always paid and yes they are considering closing it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:27 pm 
Walleye Master

Good deal for 15$ compared to picton or Portsmouth in kingston.

Bob M

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/
IG: @kingstonsportfishing
FB: Kingston Sport Fishing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:41 am 
Walleye Fry

I was there yesterday and have used the ramp a few times this year. Bring some envelopes with when you put the money in the box and write your plate number on it so Joe knows who did and who did not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:43 am 
Walleye Master

JBAR wrote:
I was there yesterday and have used the ramp a few times this year. Bring some envelopes with when you put the money in the box and write your plate number on it so Joe knows who did and who did not.

I haven’t been there in a few years but they should have their own envelopes for that purpose.

Can’t expect people to pay if there’s no way to prove it was for their vehicle

Bob M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:13 pm 
Walleye

BigMac wrote:
JBAR wrote:

I haven’t been there in a few years but they should have their own envelopes for that purpose.

Can’t expect people to pay if there’s no way to prove it was for their vehicle

Bob M

If you ask Joe, you can buy a year pass and you get a pass that you display in your vehicle. Its about $150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am 
Walleye

I launched yesterday, also met Joe a nice guy just upset that approx 1 in 3 users actually pay on an "honor" system!
He said at that rate of return it don't cover the cost of the gravel to repair. A good ramp still lots of water to float my 18' deep V hull right upon to my trailer, no need to power load.
A Slow day, but 2 good fish. a 5lb Smallie and a PB Pike 40"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:08 pm 
Walleye

For under $2000 they could install an automated Parking Ticket Dispenser that takes debit or credit..no cash on-site to worry about.. After the first 130 sales, it's paid for.
No ticket on your dash...they call the tow truck, at the owner's expense.

Unfortunately, the honour system is a thing of the past in this day and age.

Last edited by CrowMan on Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:54 pm 
Guppy

If we can spend $$ on gear and boats than surely we can fork over a few bucks to launch. If carrying cash is the issue then get a season pass - they take etransfer or visa/debit at the marina.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:09 pm 
Minnow

I've been emailing with a Krista from the marina office who said that they season pass is $200 (that's also what the website says). I was confused because Hablover paid $150. She said it's been $200 all year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:13 pm 
Guppy

Talk to Paul Vint - Season pass was $145.00+HST at the beginning of the season. He mentioned they lowered the price to encourage more people to buy one due to the above mentioned issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:28 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Bob I launched out of Portsmouth last week and I’ve always been do I or don’t I as far as paying. Half the time I go to pay and the office is closed or know-one is there. Other times mostly summer they take my money. When I talked to the girl in the office last week I said I’m paying to launch. She asked me where I was from and I said here in Kingston. She then told me this launch is free for locals so who knows? Any time I have launched there and couldn’t find anyone (early launch) I have never came back in and had a note or ticket on my truck. As for Wapoose I only go there from now till Dec. weather permitting and envelope or no envelope I always left money just wasn’t sure about the others as most times there were no envelopes so I just write my plate on a piece of paper and put it in the box so if they check they know I paid.I have even left a twenty with my plate written on the bill. It’s a great late season spot I would hate to see close.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:14 pm 
Walleye Angler

When I went to pay at Portsmouth at the beginning of the summer I was told that it was free this year. I hope that it is again next year. I wonder when Cork happens does the hundreds of sail boats using the ramp pay $20 each to launch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:51 am 
Walleye Wisdom

GAP wrote:
When I went to pay at Portsmouth at the beginning of the summer I was told that it was free this year. I hope that it is again next year. I wonder when Cork happens does the hundreds of sail boats using the ramp pay $20 each to launch.

Portsmouth was free this year and paid for by another group. I've been told they're considering free launching on-going but isn't confirmed yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

|We have become an island community with no access to the water.