Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:27 am 
Site Admin

The 10lb smallmouth bass mark was broke on Lake Erie . It Will happen around here. Its not a question of if it will happen but when it will happen.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:32 pm 
Walleye Fry

Nice fish but a few things here. Did they even have an Ontario license to fish in Ontario waters? Or was it not needed.

Who cares about a “record” no one knows the name of people who have caught record fish unless they look them up. I woulda just had a pic of it on a scale shows the weight release the fish. Lol… also is it an Ontario or world record or both? I don’t think it should be part of OFAH as they went to the Ohio side to weigh it?

Lastly a video that the two anglers showed the son even said it was a big fish and they didn’t want to kill it… I’m sure it won’t last long as a record with the amount of goby’s in Lake O st Lawrence will end up producing a 10 probably shortly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:53 pm 
Walleye

The guy was from Ohio...did they check the fish for lead weights ? Lol...no offense to our southern neighbours. Just a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:21 am 
Walleye Wisdom

That's a fish of a lifetime!

My buddy and I were talking about this and...if you caught it, would you forgo the possibility of releasing live and immediately, to have officially weighed?

Although I'd do my best, I gotta say, I think I would do my best but may and just allow the Karen's of the world to chatter.

There are different types of fishers and no matter what, we all do our sport differently but proudly and just hope we share our passions, with education, to the rest of the world. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yes a tuff call for sure. I no they are out there I seen some this past spring in the early season that wowed me. I think it is a matter of time and not sure myself Paul what I would do. Ideally I would love to release it as long as I could get it verified at say the ramp. Not sure if that’s an option or not but I no I would make the calls to see if I could make it happen. It’s a scenario I’d love to encounter! Lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Welps if it was me that fish is making the run to official scales and figure out the rest after that. Around here you could run to the mnr at glenora ferry as long as you caught it during business hours :lol: .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:22 pm 
Walleye

I would keep and get weight official. Probably mounted, no shortage of smb the population will be fine with one less.

banner ad