Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to the Board
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:43 am 
Goby

Hello fellow anglers, have been fishing BOQ a couple of years now and have been reading the forum to catch up on local information and some great tips. We plan on retiring here in the area, and my wife and I plan on spending a good deal of time on the water exploring the fishery. The multitude of opportunities for the different species of fish never ceases to amaze us, we caught everything from big cats to the biggest sheep head we have ever seen, over 25lbs and just about everything in-between. We enjoy multi species fishing, and spring here is pretty amazing for bass, pike and whatever is hungry...haha Couple questions folks? Is there a species difference between the migratory walleye and the resident walleye? Do the resident fish stay to a certain size then move to big water for increased feeding opportunities? Also, my wife hooked a 40" pike last fall on the troll out by Thompsons Point which begged the question...has anyone hooked a real monster pike or muskie in the BOQ? Looking forward to some chats, we are kind of rookies here but will try our best to have a bit of fun. Take care out there.
Tripp

Post subject: Re: New to the Board
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Generally you can catch walleye in the bay ,in the heat of summer up to 5-6 lbs. That said I have also caught small 3lb walleye way out off shore in lake Ontario. I have seen a muskie caught in Belleville by a guy jigging the bay Bridge. It looked like a tiger muskie. Biggest pike I have caught was 15 lbs by Thompsons point too.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:24 am 
Goby

Dan 15lb pike is a fine fish, I am sure with the forage available here in the bay there are some giants out there. Last weekend we were out a few times for eyes but no luck seems the warm weather has them running late this year. We scoped the reach to Thompsons Point and nothing only managed a couple of sheep and plenty of silvers. The daily temps are going to start going down so hoping for some movement soon.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:38 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Welcome to The Board!!

You are definitely in The Right Place, but response on a Sunday Night can be a bit slow.

Stay with it, the replies should come! Sorry we can't help much, but only 4 days from our 80th Birthday we aren't doing much fishing right now!~

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:16 am 
Site Admin

I was talking with a couple of the charter boats on Saturday back at the dock and they had been fishing easy of Glenora. They caught a few fish but overall it seemed slow.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:56 am 
Goby

Thanks for the reply's fellas, we have booked a charter for this week so hoping for some luck. Did this particular charter last year and what a fantastic couple of days we had, the boat was incredible, and the fishing was pretty steady with a couple landed in the 10-12 lb range. Just an aside here, has anyone noticed a general overall lowing of the quality in fishing lures? I have never had a year like this for breaking hooks and eyelets...maybe it's just me and been that kind of year, but i now keep a good selection of quality hooks and split rings for quick replacements.

banner ad