Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hello boys wind gust
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:49 am 
Goby

I have a little question for you guys, i have a cresliner 16' with a 40 2 stroke on it and i wanted to know next year i want to bring it. Can one of you guys say what could be the limit on that type of water of wind that one of u guys dont go out? Im planning to come next year for some big walleye and i want to gage my self on what should i plan or see comming for next year. Came down last week and caught a 10 pounder and it really gave me the click to bring down my boat. Tank you guys for the info and keep fishing never stop!

Post subject: Re: hello boys
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:19 am 
Site Admin

You can definitely fish out of that boat. A few things to consider is wind direction and where you are going to launch. A strong W or SW wind can be tough in most of the fall walleye hunting grounds. If you make the trip and the wind blows picton bay wont be too bad. If the wind is borderline try launching out of pryners cove launch which puts you right in the heart of aldopbus long reach so if the wind picks up its easy to get out. Good luck

Post subject: Re: hello boys wind gust
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:39 am 
Walleye Angler

I also have a 16 ft Crestliner (Angler with wide beam) with a 60 hp. If you have fishable area by land where you can hide from the wind then it certainly helps. I go out in 20 kms max, with maybe 30 km gusts. That's still a bit rough in the open, but fishable. I've been out in 25 to 30 or more but only due to an inaccurate forecast ... fished but not fun and not recommended.