Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Livescope and icefishing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Recently bought Garmin units and the lvs 34 livescope (Thank you Ben and Tackle Depot) and am looking for ideas on a diy icefishing shuttle for this. I've hit youtube and other SM platforms and have a few ideas but thought Id throw it on here if anyone has made their own send me a pm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:59 pm 
Guppy

Here is my setup. plastic ammo case. Everything folders up except the transducer pole. I added some thin ply wood to enforce it a bit and support screws.
For the transducer pole I attached to broom stick via check amazon camera tripod and a mini ball mount to attached transducer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Reefhawg,

Thats a good setup, I like you can close it when travelling. Where did you get the ammo case? Do you think it will fit a 106 unit?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:54 am 
Guppy

That is an echo map 7. I swapped out the echo map 9sv I used for past 2 ice seasons for the smaller one only because the 9 was sold with my boat . So a 9 fits well. I have a 106 also (new boat) but I opted to not go with it here for weight and battery considerations only.
I just tried laying the 10 in the box and in current configuration it won't go. But if I rearranged/redesign a bit it would go .
I got the case at cabelas but I have seen the almost exact ones at princess auto.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:02 am 
Minnow

reefhawg wrote:
That is an echo map 7. I swapped out the echo map 9sv I used for past 2 ice seasons for the smaller one only because the 9 was sold with my boat . So a 9 fits well. I have a 106 also (new boat) but I opted to not go with it here for weight and battery considerations only.
I just tried laying the 10 in the box and in current configuration it won't go. But if I rearranged/redesign a bit it would go .
I got the case at cabelas but I have seen the almost exact ones at princess auto.
Cheers

I’m thinking about getting the Lowrance active target with hds live 9. Reefhawg does the 24AH battery last sunup to sundown? The Lowrance ice bundle has about the same battery, but I’m not sure it’ll last all day?
Sorry Dan. Didn’t mean to hijack your post!

Thanks dougo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

Dan have you assembled yet? If you didn't buy the allinone ice package like I didnt then you won't have the double power cord needed. I ended up buying two so if you need one let me know.

Post subject: Livescope and icefishing
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:49 pm 
Walleye

Dougo wrote:
reefhawg wrote:
Cheers

I’m thinking about getting the Lowrance active target with hds live 9. Reefhawg does the 24AH battery last sunup to sundown? The Lowrance ice bundle has about the same battery, but I’m not sure it’ll last all day?

Thanks dougo

I have 2 10amp dakotas I run with livetarget. Lasts about 6 to 7 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't assembled anything yet. What is the purpose of the double cord you are talking about?
Jamie99 wrote:
Dan have you assembled yet? If you didn't buy the allinone ice package like I didnt then you won't have the double power cord needed. I ended up buying two so if you need one let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:18 pm 
Walleye Angler

It allows you to power both the blackbox and sonar from the battery with just 1 power cord. The power cord supplied with the lvs34 package only has a single connection, with a boat setup in mind,so it won't work with the ice setup.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

Send me a pm on detail$ and a txt number. Thanks!
Jamie99 wrote:
It allows you to power both the blackbox and sonar from the battery with just 1 power cord. The power cord supplied with the lvs34 package only has a single connection, with a boat setup in mind,so it won't work with the ice setup.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:03 pm 
Guppy

My entire setup (GLS10 and the echo map) is run off one Dakota 18ah. Amazing battery. I have run this well over 12 hours and that was on the 9 inch screen.
I estimate I was using 1.5 amp/hour for both units.
Also, I just attach each units power directly to the battery.
Cheer

Dougo wrote:
reefhawg wrote:
Cheers

Thanks dougo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:24 pm 
Walleye Angler

Ice is for drinks. Cold is a 4-letter word.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:51 am 
Minnow

Bobv75 wrote:
Dougo wrote:
reefhawg wrote:
Cheers

Thanks dougo

I have 2 10amp dakotas I run with livetarget. Lasts about 6 to 7 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! That’s what I was figuring. Have to get another battery. I think the bundle that I’m looking at has a 24 AH probably have to have another along.
Doug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:22 am 
Guppy

Correction. As the photo indicates,.. it's a 23ah Dakota.

reefhawg wrote:
My entire setup (GLS10 and the echo map) is run off one Dakota 18ah. Amazing battery. I have run this well over 12 hours and that was on the 9 inch screen.
I estimate I was using 1.5 amp/hour for both units.
Also, I just attach each units power directly to the battery.
Cheer

Dougo wrote:
reefhawg wrote:
Cheers

Thanks dougo