Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:49 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:58 am 
Perch

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have been active on here as I haven't had much to report. I just wanted to tell you all how much respect I have for our community of anglers who share the same passion and in large part values. I am doing this by acknowledging some people who helped me out yesterday.

So I was trying to take a young friend 9f the family out for some lakeds yesterday and the day didn't start well. I didn't have enough juice to start my motor and a fella at the ramp offered to give me boost. As I was t climbing over the battery compartment in with the cables somehow and I am not quite sure how I must have sent a short through and I ended up blowing a fuse so I pull the trailer out so the other guy can head out fishing and I am not tying up the ramp. So in the parking lot I find the blown fuse but I don't have an extra one. Another guy who just came back in gave me one from his boat. So after we got that solved I backed the trailer back down the ramp only to find out one of my bunks is frozen to the boat I am trying to break it free but when I do the bunk is still attached to the boat. I totally ripped it off the trailer. So thankfully my father was able to rum me out some materials so I could put a temporary bunk on the trailer. He is also a very avid angler. Also another guy at the ramp gave me a bag of abrasive sand in case I needed extra grip to pull the boat out. I had ice melt with me and all went fine that way. We manages to get out and fish for about 3 hours and went 3 for 6. Needless to say it was a pretty good ending to a very frustrating start. But without the help from the other anglers it wouldn't have been possible at all. So thanks to all of you for helping me. I only wish I had caught your names. In all the chaos I was experiencing I totally forgot ask you guys so if you guys are part of this forum reach out.

Merry Christmas everyone!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:56 pm 
Baitfish

That is quite the day, good on the guys for helping and good on you for sticking it out and heading out fishing anyways. I think I likely would have packed it in for the day and went home lol.

Jerry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Nice report Terry and glad it all worked out. We have all had those days where it seems like you just can't win. Nice to read it all came together

banner ad