Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:14 pm 
Baitfish

Itching to get out. Any reports?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:05 am 
Walleye

Parked at Sherman's Point parking lot on the afternoon Monday Jan 17th . There were 5 vehicles in the lot and 4 or 5 pop ups out on the ice scattered about: there were a couple of pop-ups out near the middle south west of the launch and a couple more south east of the launch that were out about 200 m. from the north shore. A couple more tents were visible off the south shore near the church. I walked out toward the southeast about 200 m. off shore in 20 fow.. Ice was easily 7 inches thick. Surprising . Marked fish that came to have a look but no takers., I had one hit at dusk and caught nadda.

Two guys in the parklng lot had caught 2 small perch and a fingerling walleye. Two guys without huts to the east of us by about 100 m. didn't appear to catch anything.

On the way there I drove down River Road from Napanee and I could see patches of open water in the river itself, At least 4 groups fishing on the ice off Deseronto,. There was open water down the middle of Long Reach near Huffs.

On Hay Bay at Shermans Point Launch, there were snowmobile tracks frozen into old slush where we fished and no open water in sight.
There should be good ice going forward (for foot traffic with spud) in the low current areas of Hay Bay: near the Sherman's Point launch and near the Hay Bay Church. Ice is always thinner as you go westward and approach Long Reach, Ice may be dicey more that 500 m. west of Sherman's Point Launch and going west of Thompson Point access. Be careful out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:42 pm 
Baitfish

Thanks so much for the info. I hope it stays cold with less snow, unlike last year. Got a few ticker issues so an easy walkout is what I need with the flipover. Once again, thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hey pdubya,
Excellent report really appreciated!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yes, Thanks pdubya!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:57 am 
Baitfish

Thanks for the report! We are headed there tuesday for a couple days so I will do a report on ice and how the fishing was for us. Coming from 4ish hours away, its always nice to see a few reports from the area before hand.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:26 am 
Goby

New to the area, where is ample parking for a truck & atv trailer??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:52 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

There used to be a map on this forum. I did a quick search and didn't find it. I found this version that I created for my own use probably five or ten years ago. Many of these sites may not be useable anymore. Maybe someone else has a more updated list.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:25 pm 
Walleye

There is a good map on this forum in the "Tips and Tricks" section in the post "Thanks Tylercurt".
Sherman's Point parking has good parking for trucks with trailers. So does Hay Bay Church.
Sherman's Point parking and access is roughly a km east of Sherman's Point itself.
Thompson Point Parking has room but is not maintained much in winter so it can be tricky in deep snow.
Ice will be thinner and riskier as you go west towards the reach. West of Thompson Point parking will be tricky and approaching Sherman's Point itself will be tricky too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad