Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:54 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I was hoping to have the pictures that I took of the Bayview Resort 2nd Annual John Mydlinski Fishing Derby, BUT s**t happens. and they're not available.

Yes, the Derby was a huge success with over 80 anglers registering for the event. The event was breakfast at 0600 til 0700, Get ready for fishing and the Blast off at Bayview Resort at 0800 and back for 1200 for the weigh-in and then the special lunch from 1300 til 1600, (prize selection takes time).

Once again the anglers from Perfect View came out on top and took the two walleye prizes, the other three prizes (Bass, Pike and Sheepshead) went to anglers from Bayview.

The winning walleyes were three fish weighing 9.8 lbs(I think-very close to that).

My boat - Superdad with Laker John, my Dad and myself had four walleyes in case the bite was OFF, but we didn't weigh the fish. What we did weigh was a HUGE - well pretty big Sheepshead - 9.9 lbs and that was winner.

Our boat fished with a lot of other boats in Mallory Bay, Shermans Pt and the Kingscourt weed bed. We got all our fish on the Uzick spinner, still the best darned spring and summer lure around - IMHO :oops:

On Sunday, my Dad & I went out and trolled crankbaits to see if we could entice some fish at Thompsons Pt into taking. Not a chance.

Went back to Uzicks and I was able to get a nice 19" fish from 8 feet of water. Others from Bayview hit Thompsons Cove and within 25 minutes had a limit of four - all over 19" - Way to go Jerry............ :wink: Silver was Jerry's key.......... :idea:

Will be back out to Bayview on Wednesday for a couple of days and back to Toronto to see the Alouettes attempt to beat those Argonauts. Go Als Go.

See you on the water

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:32 am 
Walleye Master

our limit on sunday came in under two hours...seems like sunday was the day to be out....

our came on spinner rigs, rather than the spinners...but it seemed anythign with worms worked.

banner ad
banner ad