banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:42 am 
Site Admin

With the low winds and sunny weather went to play with the smallies in and around kingston. A couple of good friends were telling me where the bite was hot and I was tempted to head over there but decided I wanted to try a couple other spots 1st. The fish were more willing to bite they were chewing. Largest one looked to be just under 6 and the bulk of them were 4-5lbs. Most of the fish came on two baits, jerkbaits and tubes. For color on the jerkbaits I found the flashy baits got more hits than the subtle or natural colors. The tubes was 1/8th jig head in a goby colored tube. The season closes tomorrow so now its time to go play with some walleye. Speaking of, sure sounds like the opener was one of the better ones in a few years, jigging , casting or trolling

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 am 
Walleye Angler

Ya it’s been a great few weeks and I must admit my arms and body needs a break. I was in those areas yesterday as well Dan. I hit the river on the weekend to avoid walleye opener congested ramps. It was just as good there but fish are a bit smaller. The eyes are on as well around here so now it will be time to get some eyes. White grubs Ned’s with z man teards and hula skirts. Killer for me was 1/16 Ned head with berkley max scent flat nose. This bait killed on the days they were reluctant to chase in colder water areas. My buddy bailed on me this morning so I think I will take a break till last day tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that, I launched at Olympic harbor ready to pay the steep launch fee and found out it will be free launching there this season thanks to the tourism board! Nice!

banner ad