Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:38 pm 
Goby

Never fished this area before. Hauling the boat over from Michigan. Should I be focusing on Western areas of the bay? Planning on trolling or maybe casting at shorelines. Any advice would be appreciated. Am I correct in the regulations only allowing 1 line per angler? Also on the eastern end of the bay, any places to look for lake trout or whitefish?

Could fish daytime or evenings. Any thoughts there?

Thanks!

-JDH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:45 am 
Walleye Angler

I wish I could help you but I honestly don’t fish the eyes as hardcore as others do. Not sure if you have talked with anyone who fishes the areas most productive at this time of year. What I can tell you is the weather looks a tad nasty over your three days with winds tomorrow 26 gusting to 40 sw. Saturday is better with winds 10-14 west but 70% chance of rain from noon on. Sunday winds NE 20-30 but cold. I have talked with a few buddy’s last week and I hear the bite has been tuff. Not sure if that has changed this week or not but I doubt it as the winds have been howling all week preventing me from chasing smallies. As far as how many lines it is one per person in the bay but if you are east of the ferry in the area called Adolphus reach then you can have two per angler. The reach is where most guys target them right now but I have seen boats working the deep water north of the cement plant coming out of Picton bay. Hope this helps somewhat and good luck if you come up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:30 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I used to fish the area in the distant past now. Here are my best guesses. Lake Trout are targeted in Upper Gap area on the North West end of Amherst Island in 100 ft areas. The predicted high SW winds would make this area bordering on dangerous to fish. Probably 4-6 footers. The boat ramp access is Finkles Park in The village of Bath. Most anglers will be fishing Walleye from Thompsons Point, down the Long Reach to Forestors Island near Deseronto. The SW wind should see 3 to 4 waves but would be fishable with an 18-20 ft Walleye Boat. Access may be from either Deseronto or Shermans Point boat ramps. Not sure if Shermans is good with low lake water levels. As per Whitefish, I would think they are mostly incidental catches over deeper areas of the bay. As stated, the catching is tough but could get good any day now. Good Luck. BATMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:41 pm 
Goby

Looking pretty rough Thursday as you mentioned. I'm seeing better winds on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the info. I'll do what I can. Fishing out of an 19 ft deep v.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:13 pm 
Goby

Launched out of Printers park and fished in 130-155 feet of water. Got two hits on a purple stick bait on the down rigger down 25 feet - got the first hit to the bost. Also lost something on a spoon on the down rigger down 120 feet.

Fish I got was a 28 inch walleye. It's was steady rain the whole time I was out.

Had a tough time launching as the water is so low, but I managed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

Way to go !! Nothing wrong with a 28 incher...

banner ad