Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:15 pm 
Walleye

I have never been out on Lake Ontario for smallmouth was just wondering how most people target them. Do alot of people spend time graphing areas they suspect they will be in before fishing or will you find them in areas like Boulder fields hiding and not showing up on 2d/side scan?

Are humps and ledges also good spots to try? I know certain times of year they will also be on flats.

Are there any general areas in the bay before the ferry that I could start looking without heading to Lake Ontario?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:13 am 
Walleye Angler

I'm no expert. I did have one great afternoon. I spoke to other boats that were out. Well not the boats exactly. I do know that you'd be wasting your time fishing west of the ferry. Pretty well only largemouth there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:34 am 
Guppy

Although I haven’t gone there lately, the West end of Amherst Island always produced good numbers of smallies. Smaller ones were fast and furious near shore while some big bruisers were in deeper waters.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:11 pm 
Walleye Angler

All depends on time of year, weather and water conditions. Generally early spring stable weather shallow areas with sand flats and rock. As the summer and water temps rise they move to offshore humps as well as deeper holes if cold front has gone through. Any time weather has been stable and weather conditions are good they again move up and on flats to feed but usually don’t hang around as long as they do early spring. Anywhere east of the ferry holds fish but the better odds are out in the lake in summer and any bays and shoreline early season.

banner ad