Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ice Conditions...if any
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:36 pm 
Walleye Fry

Well, I will be the one to ask and suffer the wrath. I was hoping for an ice update. I have tried to check with the Coast Watch Great Lakes site, but it is not clear at all. From previous posts I have seen on this site, I know some folks will tell me to go check myself etc. But I am 4 hours away. I am willing to trade a Lake Erie update...it is still wide open even in the shallow bays. Tks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:07 pm 
Walleye Angler

No ice yet. MAYBE early next week....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:33 am 
Walleye Fry

Thanks Turk. I was not optimistic, but start 5 days off tomorrow and was crossing my fingers that there was some in the back bays.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:37 pm 
Walleye

Had a look at Deseronto today. Their is about 3/4 of an inch of ice, on the hole area that I could see. Will take a lot longer, and colder temps to make it anywhere safe. Hoping the weather networks predictions are true with minus 5 to -14 temps starting next week. LOL, I know they can't predict 1 day, let alone 2 weeks, but can only hope at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

Took a drive out to big island yesterday to see things. Broken slushy ice from shore for about 50 yards then wide open. Shoreline ice from Deseronto down the narrows for about 50 yards out then open water. If we get the temps next week they say we are getting I would guess there will be some safe ice around some areas by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 pm 
Walleye Fry

Thanks for the updates folks. I am still following this as I start another 4 days off on Monday Jan. 22. FYI, I am always happy to buddy up for a trip if anyone is looking. I have almost every piece of gear imaginable and am a fairly experienced fisherman. So I am not looking for someone to guide me or bait my hooks :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

There is now ice...lots of huts out

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:25 am 
Walleye Fry

Hi Turk: Can you be more specific? I know you are not promising me safe ice. I typically fish Bain Park, Herchimer launch, Wagner's etc. The issue is that I leave home near Brantford at 2 a.m., grab minnows and try to be first on the ice. So knowing where other folks have found decent ice is a place to start spudding. Feel free to PM me if you do not want to set a spot on fire.

I would also welcome PM's from anyone willing to share ice info, looking to buddy up for safety or just meet a new fishing partner. I am 54 but fit, do not mind a beer, and am married so not looking to hook up. I also do not care which way your door swings---I am just looking to fish. Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hi Kenny pm sent

banner ad